Updating UiPath.System.Activities from 22.4.x to 22.10.x fails

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to update all of the packages of the DU Template to the newest version but the upgrade of the UiPath.System.Activities package from any 22.4.X to any 22.10.x version fails with the error message

Cannot add a package that contains System.Activities.ViewModels

Stack Trace
Error: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot add a package that contains System.Activities.ViewModels.
   at UiPath.PackageExplorer.UI.ViewModels.PackageExplorerViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass177_0.<ValidateDependencies>b__1(IEnumerable`1 packages, CancellationToken ct)
   at UiPath.PackageExplorer.Core.Services.PackageExplorerService.SearchVersionsInMultiFeed(ISearchVersionsInfo searchInfo, Action`2 resultsCallback, CancellationToken token)
   at UiPath.PackageExplorer.Core.Services.PackageExplorerService.SearchVersionsInMultiFeed(ISearchVersionsInfo searchInfo, Action`2 resultsCallback, CancellationToken token)
   at UiPath.PackageExplorer.Core.Services.PackageExplorerService.SearchVersions(ISearchVersionsInfo searchInfo, Action`2 resultsCallback, CancellationToken token)
   at UiPath.PackageExplorer.UI.ViewModels.PackageExplorerViewModel.ValidateDependencies(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.ProjectContextService.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.<<InstallPackages>b__0>d.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at UiPath.Studio.App.Desktop.Windows.WindowCommandsExtensions.ExecuteWithCommandsDisabledAsync[T](ICommandManager commandManager, Func`1 func)
   at UiPath.PackageExplorer.UI.ViewModels.PackageExplorerViewModel.Install(), HResult -2146233079```

I can see that the biggest change in the dependencies for 22.4 to 22.10 is the addition of the dependency to System.Activities.ViewModels [1.0.0-20220715.4, ).
I guess the error message relates to this.

Could this be a permission problem or do you guys have the same issue?

Kind regards,
T0Bi

1 Like

@T0Bii can you please let us know what Studio version are you using? If it’s 2021.10.x it’s a known issue that will be fixed.

Also, is this a windows or cross-platform project?

Curious as to the changes to UiPath.System.ViewModels going up to version 22.10.3 of some official libraries.

I’m using Studio 22.4, and I can update UiPath.System.Activities to 22.4.5 and UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities to 22.10.2, but I can’t go to version 22.10.3 of either one, which is the next highest for both. Something in UiPath.System.ViewModels seems to be incompatible with Studio 22.4.

I am having the exact same issue

I’m wondering if this issue was ever addressed? I’m seeing the same thing with a Windows based project.

This error is expected if you are using an older Studio that was not supporting the functionality needed by newer activities. What version of Studio are you using?

You can try with the latest 23.4 Studio build and all the packages can be used.

Hello,
we are facing the same issue when we upgraded to 23.4 we got another issue!

Any solution for this

Hazem