"Undo" and "redo" actions are not available when creating variables, at least from Data Manager

When creating a new variable via Data Manager, for the undo/redo actions it’s like if nothing happened: they stay grey after creating one. That’s very confusing, since if you were trying to create a variable but in the last moment you decided you are not going to use it, you cannot simply the “undo” function and you may end up erasing one you didn’t intended and you could be already using.

See the attached picture.

Apart from that, as I already noted in another topic nobody took care of, the real problem with undo/redo is that whe don’t have a dropdown on each respective action the see the history of potential actions to undo/redo, and that the buttons don’t get greyed out when there’s not further redo/actions to do, making it very unusable/potentially harmful.

You can delete as undo of the creation of the variable/argument. It’s a one click/keyboard action.

The history for undo/redo is a nice suggestion. It’s been on our backlog for a while as it’s not trivial to implement.

I know what I can do and what I cannot.

Did you bother trying to reproduce the reports? Is it that much to ask?

I said it clearly in my original post. I was going to cite myself and to highlight the more relevant parts. But I found out that it can’t be further reduced. It contains the minimum, specific information required to do it:

In Data Manager, undo doesn’t work when creating variables there. That’s it.

I did the work for you. Here you have a VIDEO, in case following the instructions to reproduce it and/or the previously attached picture was not of enough help. You can’t see it there, but after creating the variable I compulsively press CTRL+z a million times. But what you can check is the “Undo/Redo” buttons stay inactive/disabled the whole time.

variable_caca.zip (9.9 MB)

I understand the undo history feature is not easy to implement. But I understand a paid sotware should implement it.

@pere Thank you for reporting issues and providing feedback.

However, I do not appreciate the toxic attitude and the manner in which you address me and others on this forum. I want to remind you that this forum is intended for our community users who are free to use, assess, and provide feedback.
Please note that this is not a support channel. Any customer is entitled to use the designated support channels that have service level agreements (SLAs).

1 Like

Sorry if I sound toxic to you. I’ll just ask in the most neutral way I can: when you replied previously, did you try reproducing what I said I was trying to accomplish, from the Data Manager? Because, otherwise, I don’t know why the “You can delete as undo of the creation of the variable/argument. It’s a one click/keyboard action” proposal, as that can’t be done on Data Manager - or at least it doesn’t work for me.

If I share my experience with the official support channels, then you gonna be upset again, as most of times the final answer is like “no; it can’t be done”, after 1 day waiting for a reply and always a requeriment to share the project, which I can’t disclose. That’s why I resort to these forums.

At the risk of going off topic here, I agree wholeheartedly with Alexandru, it got to the point with me that you were so insulting towards me and got so offended at any suggestion I made about the real cause of some of your issues that I gave up.

The examples I gave above are rude by most standards and I doubt many would consider them neutral.

I know you seem to have an issue with us MVPs and have accused us of being ‘collaborators’ or some other disparing term (another example of the toxic attitude), but if I may provide some advice, I get alot more done being co-operative with UiPath rather than ranting and raging at them.
I dont think your current tactics do much more than alienate both the UiPath staff and the other users here, perhaps its time to consider what you want to achieve on these forums.

You keep mentioning paid software, and whilst valid, as stated these are community forums provided for free support, the channel you need to complain about the software is the customer portal, both so its tracked but so your account manager can see it.