Unable to select any UI in IE server but work in local machine

Hello all ,

I am having trouble selecting the UI in one of the URL (i can’t provide the URL as it’s confidential).
The problem with is I can select any selector in my local machine but when i tried to do in Window server it’s coming like this
"
wnd app=‘iexplore.exe’ cls=‘IEFrame’ title=‘* - Internet Explorer’ />
<wnd cls=‘Internet Explorer_Server’ idx=‘1’ /
"
I don’t have the same selector in my Local IE.

Any idea what would be the problem? I tried running as an admin as well. didn’t help.

Since it’s working perfectly fine in my local machine IE I don’t think it’s the problem with the web site.

Just to add more information. It’s only happening on one website. The other websites are working perfectly fine. we only use IE for most of our processes.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi @whitestar

You should install extensions for Citrix and install runtime in your server for getting a selector in Citrix Window.

1 Like

Sorry, I shouldve mentioned it clear. it’s not citrix. it’s inside the window server
I am inside the RPD not the Citrix.

Hi @whitestar

It is same that you should install extensions for Extension for Windows Remote Desktop and install UiPathRuntime in your server for getting a selector in RDP.

1 Like

Hi thanks for reply but why we dont have any problem with other websites ? it’s only happening in one particualar website.
Even thought i m on RDP it’s basically another window machine. What i meant is , I am inside the Window server via RDP connection.

This runtime seems needed for on automatin RDP window without needing the robot installed on that RDP machine. This is not needed i feel if you are inside the RDP machine and automating web apps inside the sever. I believe this runtime is needed if i had a rdp window open and need to automate from my local to that window which isnt what @whitestar isnt doing as hes inside the sever via RDP connection

1 Like