Unable to read same excel file twice in the same process

When im trying to read the single excel file in the same process, at first time it is able to read , but for second time it is not working. Is there any limitation in UiPath that a excel file could be read only once with in a process?

@hari.vishalmudra2

There is no limitation as such…can you tell what error you are getting?

cheers

Job stopped with an unexpected exit code: 0xE0434352

Hi @hari.vishalmudra2

You can try with Kill Process activity

Process name = "EXCEL"

Followed by Delay activity 00:00:04

after that read the excel file and check it

Regards
Gokul

@hari.vishalmudra2

Try using a kill process before reading excel again…may be some instance of excel is left open

cheers

I have tried that as well. The error im getting while reading the file at first instance is like this -

read error on file name calculating similarity hashes: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.

I have tried that as well. The error im getting while reading the file at first instance is like this -

read error on file name calculating similarity hashes: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.

@hari.vishalmudra2

Can you check in task manager if any excel process is left over…

Also keep a delay of atleast few seconds after kill process and before reading

Alternately try using read-only property check in the excel application scope …or alternately can you try using workbook activities and check if it works

cheers

1. I have checked in task manager no excel process is running.

2. I have enabled Read only property and Delay as well but still the same issue.

3. The excel file that bot is trying to read is a CSV file, im not able to use csv file by workbook activities. I tried to use the file by changing the original format while downloading the file, but while processing, throwing error as “file is corrupted” ,file extension is not valid and make sure that file format is same as that of original file format.

@hari.vishalmudra2

For csv file you have a read csv activity. We generally use this for csv

https://docs.uipath.com/activities/docs/read-csv-file

cheers

Here while downloading the file report is being downloaded as Microsoft Excel Comma seperated values file.

@hari.vishalmudra2

is the extension csv? for that we can read csv …

Can you share the file here if not

cheers

Yes extension is CSV. unfortunately i cannot share the file here. But while downloading file is being named as CSV extension only.

Can you share the error photo ? with proper code

@hari.vishalmudra2

Ythen please use read csv activity

Cheers

@hari.vishalmudra2

Use this for reading csv file

Cheers,

1 Like