Not able to read data from excel_getting error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

Hi All, I am new to UiPath. I was trying to implement “Read data from excel” but getting error message as " [The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process].

Please help with the error. I am unable to add attachment of .xaml

@Shatakshi

Use Kill Process activity and mention Process Name as “excel” to close all opened excel files. Place this activity before Excel Application Scope activity and then try.

I guess you opened excel file and running the BOT.

1 Like

@lakshman, excel file is not open.
I have even added ‘Kill Process’ activity’ but still getting the error. How can i share the .xaml file?

@Shatakshi

Is it shared folder or local drive ? And also go to task manager and close excel process if its running and then give it a try.

@lakshman it’s local machine

1 Like

@Shatakshi

Go to Task Manager and close excel process and then try once.

the attached workflow has 2 validation errors, some lost space characters in two activities.
you will notice them when validating using the Studio`s option. If you fix those, the workflow will run just fine.
make sure you have excel package installed.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.