Unable To Link Test Cases In StudioPro To Test Manager Hub

Hi,

I’ve been trying to link my test cases in StudioPro with their respective test case in Test Manager following the documentation at Test Cases. I’ve integrated my StudioPro with Test Manager using the info at Integrating with Studio and it says it’s connected.

However, when right clicking on the test case in the project tab there is no option to “link test case”. Any ideas as to why this is? I don’t have the “Test Manager” icon in my ribbon either. LinkTestCases

Hi @Brandon1,

Link to test case option is visible in the Design ribbon under Test manager dropdown as shown below:

And if you don’t have Test manager icon in design ribbon, please verify your version and share screenshot. You should be in studio pro profile to be able to view that.

To verify, go to home menu, and see bottom left corner of the screen, it should show something like this:

If its mentioned studio in the version as shown above, go to settings → license and profile → click on view or change profile, below screen would show up:

From this screen, switch to studiopro profile.

In case, you don’t see option to switch to studio pro profile here, you would need to get studio pro license installed by going to license section and then assigning studio pro from users profile under orchestrator.

Please follow and verify all the steps mentioned, it should work.

Regards
Sonali

Thanks @sonaliaggarwal47. I’m on the community edition of UiPath Studio.
The option used to be visible on the previous version 2021.4 but after updating it’s no longer there. The newer version only has options for Studio and StudioX and it says the testing options are included in Studio now.

I’ve assigned the correct license in Orchestrator and I’ve enabled the Test Manager Hub.

Hi @Brandon1,

Could you also verify if under tenant ->licenses , you have studio pro allocated to the machine as this view only comes when you have studio license allocated to you instead of studiopro.

Regards
Sonali

Hi @sonaliaggarwal47,

Yep the user has an “Automation Developer - Named User” license assigned which gives access to StudioPro (as defined on the screenshot in my previous post). It’s the same license that was assigned in 2021.4 version so seems odd that the link test case option has disapeared since the update.

Hi @Brandon1,

Can you please show screenshot of your design ribbon tab where it shows test manager icon and what all options are visible in that drop down?

Regards
Sonali

Hi @sonaliaggarwal47,

There is no test manager icon in the ribbon.

I’ve tried using both the classic and modern desgin experiences under project settings but neither display the test manager icon.

Hi @alexandru,

Could you please confirm if this is the case for studio version 2021.4 and onwards?

Regards
Sonali

Starting with 21.8 Studio Pro profile is retired but all the functionalities that were exclusive to the Pro version are now available in Studio.

I have the latest 21.10.2 Studio and Test Manager is available.

Thank you @alexandru for your inputs:)

@Brandon1,

Makes me wonder what is missing in your setup to be not able to see this option.

Have you tried restarting studio after you assigned your user an “Automation Developer - Named User” license?

Coz sometimes, it doesn’t get picked up immediately after changing the profile in orchestrator(happened with me few times), so restarting after few minutes should reset everything per your access in orchestrator.

Can we try that once?

@alexandru, Please share if anything comes to your mind that can be missing to not have test manager option visible in studio. Below all seem to be in place currently:

1. User profile assigned with “Automation Developer - Named User” license
  2. Studio version updated to 2021.10.0

Regards
Sonali

Test Manager support in Studio for Community licenses was added in 21.10.1.
@Brandon1 , please update Studio to the latest version and the Test Manager option should become available.

Thanks everyone for your help.

I uninstalled Studio and installed the latest version 2021.10.2 and the Test Manager icon is now visible and I can link test cases.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.