Unable to create activity builder for ,f<filename.xaml>. Reason was 'Failed to create a 'WorkbookPath' from the text '<path\filename.xlsx'. Invalid TypeConverter usage.'

I’m getting an error when compiling a project that states:

Unexpected error has occurred during the library compilation process:
Unable to create activity builder for <filename.xaml>. Reason was ‘Failed to create a ‘WorkbookPath’ from the text ‘D:\<path\<filename.xlsx>’. Invalid TypeConverter usage.’.

It just popped up when trying to debug in Studio and have no idea where to being looking for this

@rgontarek

Welcome to the community

Is there a filename.xaml in your project? If yes then please check the respective variable and also if possible please make sure the variable names and the xaml names are different

Cheers

There’s some kind of error going on with dependencies. That was one of multiple xml files in the project. I just deleted that file, and now the exact same error is showing up whenever I use excel file. It’s either a setting in Excel Process Scope or an whenever I have a Use Excel File function. The folder location and file name are valid. There’s no information available about this this “failed to create a workbook path” error.

After deleting the offending file, the error is showing up in another workflow file: Unable to create activity builder for TWR Process.xaml. Reason was ‘Failed to create a ‘WorkbookPath’ from the text ‘D:\RPA\EEDI\Client\Working Files\Client_working_file.xlsx’. Invalid TypeConverter usage.’.

Did you ever resolve this? Facing a similar issue