Unable to create a new process in UiPath Studio

Hi,

I am using UiPath Studio Community Edition. When I try to create a Blank Process in UiPath Studio, I am getting ’ The Project ‘C:\Users\Acer\Documents\UiPath\BlankProcess\Project.Json’ Could not be opened: Central Directory corrupt. I am able to see the specific project folder in the path where all my project files are stored but the Project is not getting opened. Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue.

Installer(.exe or .msi): .exe

License type(Free, Trial/License code): Community Edition

Studio/Robot version: 2019.4.0

Current behavior:

New Process are not Successfully created in UiPath Studio.

Screenshot:

Error:

19.4.0+Branch.master.Sha.0f31d6b182f9ff3ac2d5a909f771720615bdb0b9

The project ‘C:\Users\Acer\Documents\UiPath\BlankProcess7\project.json’ could not be opened: Central Directory corrupt…

Cannot open item: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: The project ‘C:\Users\Acer\Documents\UiPath\BlankProcess7\project.json’ could not be opened: Central Directory corrupt… —> System.IO.InvalidDataException: Central Directory corrupt. —> System.IO.IOException: An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.SeekCore(Int64 offset, SeekOrigin origin)
at System.IO.FileStream.Seek(Int64 offset, SeekOrigin origin)
at System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive.ReadEndOfCentralDirectory()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive.ReadEndOfCentralDirectory()
at System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive.Init(Stream stream, ZipArchiveMode mode, Boolean leaveOpen)
at System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive…ctor(Stream stream, ZipArchiveMode mode, Boolean leaveOpen, Encoding entryNameEncoding)
at NuGet.Protocol.LocalFolderUtility.<>c__DisplayClass39_0.b__0()
at NuGet.Common.ConcurrencyUtilities.ExecuteWithFileLocked(String filePath, Action action)
at NuGet.Protocol.LocalFolderUtility.GenerateNupkgMetadataFile(String nupkgPath, String installPath, String hashPath, String nupkgMetadataPath)
at NuGet.Repositories.NuGetv3LocalRepository.GetPackages(String id)
at NuGet.Repositories.NuGetv3LocalRepository.b__16_0(String id)
at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func2 valueFactory)
at NuGet.Repositories.NuGetv3LocalRepository.FindPackagesByIdImpl(String packageId)
at NuGet.Repositories.NuGetv3LocalRepository.FindPackageImpl(String packageId, NuGetVersion version)
at NuGet.Repositories.NuGetv3LocalRepository.FindPackage(String packageId, NuGetVersion version)
at NuGet.Repositories.NuGetv3LocalRepositoryUtility.GetPackage(IReadOnlyList1 repositories, String id, NuGetVersion version) at NuGet.Commands.LockFileBuilder.CreateLockFile(LockFile previousLockFile, PackageSpec project, IEnumerable1 targetGraphs, IReadOnlyList1 localRepositories, RemoteWalkContext context) at NuGet.Commands.RestoreCommand.BuildAssetsFile(LockFile existingLockFile, PackageSpec project, IEnumerable1 graphs, IReadOnlyList1 localRepositories, RemoteWalkContext contextForProject) at NuGet.Commands.RestoreCommand.<ExecuteAsync>d__32.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task) at UiPath.NuGet.PackageManager.<InstallCore>d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.PackageExplorer.Core.Services.PackageInstaller.<InstallWithRootPackageAssemblies>d__3.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.Packaging.PackageOperationBase.<RestoreInternal>d__25.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.Packaging.PackageOperationBase.<>c__DisplayClass24_0.<<Restore>b__0>d.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.Packaging.PackageOperationBase.<Restore>d__24.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.Packaging.PackageOperationRestore.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.Packaging.PackageServiceBase.<RestoreProjectAsync>d__33.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.BaseWorkflowProjectFactory.<InitializeNewProjectModel>d__53.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.BaseWorkflowProjectFactory.<OpenAsyncInternal>d__38.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.BaseWorkflowProjectFactory.<OpenAsync>d__37.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.d__19.MoveNext()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.<OnOpenAsync>d__19.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.ProjectServiceBase.<OnOpenAsync>d__38.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.d__10.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__18.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__17.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__21.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.StartPageViewModel.d__26.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shared.MVVM.Commands.TaskCommand`3.d__35.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.b__6_0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088

@Ramya252

Could you please uninstall UIpath and install it again. I also did same when I got this error.

I tried but the problem remains.

@loginerror

Could you please her to resolve this issue.

I uninstalled UIPath and reinstalled it again when I got this error and then it was working fine for me.

1 Like

Hi @Ramya252

These types of issues are typically related to protection software blocking the directories/files of either UiPath or your working project directory.

Could you double check that there is nothing that blocks the files/puts them into quarantine?

I checked the allowed programs of firewall settings and uipath studio uirobot programs are checked.

I am not sure how to check if anything blocking the directory/files. If you dont mind can you please tell me how to check it?

If you are sure everything is white listed, then it should be fine. You could still try to run Studio as administrator and see if it will help.

The issue is not resolved. I am still unable to open a Project.

@Ramya252 - Are you facing this issue with all the projects or specific one? Can you please upload the project.json file of one of the project for which you are getting this error?

1 Like

Hi Mahesh

I am facing the issue for all the projects which I created from past 2 days and on specific projects which were working successfully earlier. I also get the below error when I try to open a Project.

Here is the Project.Json file of one of the project which shows the error:

project.json (688 Bytes)

@Ramya252 May i ask if you are using versioning control for those projects and if yes, whether you are using what’s built in Studio or an external tool such as GitExtensions or something similar?

Also, was this happening on the previous version of Studio?

Thanks,
Catalin

2 Likes

No, I am not using any version control. I just install the community edition and I work on it with the default settings. I was using 2019.3.0 earlier without any issue but suddenly from Apr 23 I am getting this error. So I tried reinstalling UiPath Community edition and facing the same issue in 2019.4.0 as well.

One option would be to uninstall Studio and delete all files from these folders:

%userprofile%\.nuget
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\UiPath

There might be some corruption in the packages that you need to clear before a clean install of 2019.4.0.

5 Likes

The issue is resolved after following your instructions. Thanks :slight_smile: I am able to create new Process now.
Thanks everyone for helping me to resolve this issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.