Unable to connect to Terminal using Reflection for UNIX in 2018.3 Beta [0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE]

Testing a simple workflow I created under 2018.2, it is unable to successfully run under 2018.3 Beta with the below error on run.

18.3.0-beta.323+Branch.release/v2018.3.Sha.8a8296ad26aed9e9d3f0f2033c3b51dfbebc4e3b

Source: Terminal Session

Message: There was an error connecting to terminal. Error code: ErrorCreatingTerminalProxy

Exception Type: System.Exception

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Exception: There was an error connecting to terminal. Error code: ErrorCreatingTerminalProxy
   at UiPath.Executor.WorkflowRunner.EndExecute(IAsyncResult result)
   at UiPath.Core.Activities.InvokeWorkflowFile.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Dragging in a new Terminal Session activity, and selecting Reflection for Unix along with the existing profile r2w file generates the same error.

---------------------------
Error
There was an error connecting to terminal. Error code: ErrorCreatingTerminalProxy
OK   

18:26:08.9484 error Error connecting terminal: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80080005): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {F29799A0-4B0C-101B-AC7B-04021C007002} failed due to the following error: 80080005 Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE)).
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
   at UiPath.Terminal.ReflectionUnix.ReflectionUnixTerminal.LoadTypes()
   at UiPath.Terminal.ReflectionUnix.ReflectionUnixTerminal.Connect(ConnectionData connectionData)

Unable to test other providers as I only have access to ReflectionsX v8. When attempting the UiPath Internal provider, a blank screen is displayed upon connecting which was the case in 2018.2 as well.

Looks like there may be a conflict in the Reflection version I have with the trail of v16 and not specific to UiPath.

what version of terminal activities was used to create the wf - when it worked and what did you use to run it now, when its failing?

Hi @Gabriel_Tatu - I made a comment above. The issue is outside of UiPath and is caused by a trial version I installed for Reflections Desktop v16 not installing correctly on my Windows 10 workstation.

Reverting back to my old ReflectionsX v8 installation there is no issue.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.