UiRobot.exe argument to hide or minimize the UiRobot window?

Hi,

I’m using a script file to run a process embedded by UiRobot.exe command and passing the file location as the -file argument.
The problem is that when the UiRobot command get executed a window pops up and covers some part of the target app which causes errors/exceptions (see below screenshot).
I couldn’t find an argument to minimize or hide the UiRobot.exe window. For example in PowerShell scripting there is an argument called -WindowStyle for Start-Process command (Start-Process -WindowStyle minimized cmd.exe).

How could I run the UiRobot command and do not get the UiRobot window visible?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

@badita @richarddenton @vvaidya

Hi @BhnAmn,
Try this from powershell:

$command = "-file <nupkg or project location>"
$robot = "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-19.7.0\UiRobot.exe " + $command
cmd.exe /c $robot
2 Likes

Hi @Pablito

Thank you very much for your response.

The only difference between my codes and your suggested solution is the first cmd.exe parameter. I changed the cmd.exe parameter from /k to /c in my PowerShell script. But still get the UiRobot window visible at the front of target app window. As I said I’m looking for a possibility to hide or minimize the UiRobot window(the window with blue frame around it in the screenshot) not the cmd window, because, already by using -WindowStyle minimized parameter the cmd will be disappeared.

For more info I share my PowerShell codes:

Start-process -WindowStyle minimized "cmd.exe" "/k D:\Adminscript\Robot\RPA.bat &&exit"

RPA.bat codes:

set Robot_DIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio
set Process_File=C:\ProgramData\UiPath\Packages\MyRobot.1.0.26.nupkg
pushd %Robot_DIR%
start UiRobot.exe -file %Process_File%

Best regards

2 Likes

Following having same issue tried everything but cannot get the UiRobot.exe window minimized.

try like below in cmd prompt bat file
Cd C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio
start /min uirobot.exe -p [Package Name]
exit