How to pass arguments between 2 or more UiRobot processes in Powershell?

I have a scenario,I wanna pass the output of UiRobot process#1 to the Input of a UiRobot process#2 in CommandLine, just like the pipe “|” in Linux or Win.How can I do the parameter passing? I had known how to pass the specific value to a single UiRobot process, I also tried pipe like “|”, but doesn’t work, dose UiPath have options?
Kindly Help,Thanks!

Hi @meng_tao ,

Take a look at this : Arguments Description

Basically, you can start the second robot via cmd line from the first robot and input as arguments values that you have calculated in the first robot.
You will want to make sure that the main.xaml of the second robot has in_arguments defined in order to take the values received as parameters when you call the cmd line.

So the structure will be something like this:

1. bot1 runs a process and calculates value1, value2, value3
  2. at the end of bot1 processing, just before finishing you add activities to open CMD and run the command
  • UiRobot.exe execute [--process <Package_ID> | --file <File_Path>] [--folder <Orchestrator_Folder_ID>] [--input <Input_Parameters>]

(the process for bot 2 has to be published in Orchestrator and input parameters will contain value1, value2, value3)

1. bot2 starts execution using value1, value2, value3 as in_arguments

Take a look at the documentation and let me know if I can help further.

Constantin

1 Like