Uipath Start Job API issue

Hi All,
I have Enterprise Orchestrator version 2018.2.3. I am facing an issue with the Start Job API. Below mentioned Json data works fine i am able to start a job.
{
“startInfo”: {
“ReleaseKey”: “xxxxxxx”,
“RobotIds”: [1],
“NoOfRobots”: 0,
“Strategy”: “Specific”

}

}

but when i try to send input parameters /arguments. I used the below json data and it does not work. i get the error message " {“message”:“startJobParameters is null!”,“errorCode”:0,“resourceIds”:null} "

{
“startInfo”: {
“ReleaseKey”: “xxxxxx”,
“RobotIds”: [1],
“NoOfRobots”: 0,
“Strategy”: “Specific”,
“InputArguments”: “{"age":33}”
}
}

Please also let me know how do i read this Input Arguments from the new job which is triggered. Do we have any global variables which gets these values?
Please assist
Thanks
Vinod

Hi Vinod,

I think “age” should be an input argument in your Main.xaml file for this to work. You can manually try to start the job from orchestrator and you should be able to see all the available input arguments in the ‘Parameters’ tab.

Regards,
Shiju Mathew

@shijutmathew - Thanks for the reply,

But i dont get that view may be because i use Orchestrator Version 2018.2.3
I have added Argument name “Age” in the workflow but doesnt work. Please let me know if anything else can be done.

Thanks
Vinod

@vvaidya @Scott @balupad14
Can you please help me on the above scenario ?
Version : Orchestrator Uipath 2018.2.3

Thanks
Vinod

@vinodcrimson

Check it once below thing

1. Body Parameter given correctly read from text file
  2. Body Format should be Application/json
    3.Post Method
    4.Release key given correctly
  3. header value : Authorization - Bearer +auth value+ & Content-Type is Application/json

otherwise share your xaml we will check and let you know

@vinodcrimson,

As you have noted, I think this option is not available with 2018.2.3

https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/v2018.2/reference#jobs-requests

Regards,
Shiju Mathew

@shijutmathew -yes that was the problem. Got a confirmation from the uipath support team. Thank you all for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.