UiPath Screen OCR: Now in Public Preview!

If you want to use just the OCR, you don’t need an API key.

If the API key is for ComputerVison, yes you need to create an account and get the key from cloud.uipath.com (or platform), from the Licenses tab, and add it to the CV Scope.

1 Like

Dont know its a bug or something … For the First time i got error like thread aborted and asked me to restart … After that it worked

@Cosin I tried it by leaving it as blank. When it was not working the I pasted the API key from platform.uipath.com which is also not working in my case.

@Vijay_RPA Can you please help me in this regard?

@Syed_Kashif_Nasar Please send screenshort or XML file.

Dear @pradeepRPA

Please find the attachment.

Capture2

Send the CV screen scope and uipath screen OCR properties and another thing you didn’t indicate the screen in cv screen scope activity.please check that.

2 Likes

You probably didn’t paste the API key in the CV Scope, or you pasted something else.
You need to get the key from Platform, licenses page, Other services, ComputerVison

Good Morning,

I added this to an existing workflow that utilizes the read pdf activity. I switched the regular read pdf activity for the read pdf with OCR and utilized this new OCR engine. It more or less didn’t read the data and provided ‘003/15PAGE’
as the output.

Hope this information will help with future iterations/updates.

Thanks,

image007.png

image008.png

image009.png

image010.png

image011.jpg

image012.jpg

Please share the properties of CV Screen scope It is missing API key from Cloud.

regards,

It’s amazing,I think it’s the best OCR Engine,Because I was puzzling in CAPTCHA,this Engine can recognition some CAPTCHA after little adjustment!
Thank you Uipath!

3 Likes

Could you pls post a screenshot of the workflow, and at least (but preferably a whole page) screenshot of the PDF? Is it a scanned document or digital?

I cannot find Official tab in our orgnization’s Studio (installed on my machine). Any idea how to get it added ? Official tab missing and UiPath.ScreenOCR.Activities cannot be seen

1 Like

Wow, that’s a beast OCR. Just what I needed long ago. Thank you Uipath!

2 Likes

Getting null ocr text.
I have added following key and url.
API ky: “MiwKrgC6/dQeUE64NijtHuxmzGL63+/ZEEXknaM1PUu78bbZGTAuIs+SrH9RkzCo”
url: “https://cv.uipath.com/

@Cosin

1 Like

A problem happend that when i first install this activity,used it can return some strings,But when i install new project, use the same steps,but the result always nothing “”. Anyone knows the reason?
the same computer,the same account,the same sequece,only diffrent project and onyl use the OCR without computer vision.

Is this activity mustbe used in online,I want to used the uipath screen ocr on intranet for my client. Could I used in production envrionment? and How to do this?

This activity not working at all, i have followed all steps as you described .
cloud vision api and deathby captcha api working fine in my current project

HI @sushildarveshi

I hope you’d have resolved this by now, but in case now, you need to click on settings and check Official from there. Once done it will be reflected under all packages, just like local and Orchestrator Host. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope this activity have allowedcharacters,deniedcharacters options,like GoogleOCR,becuase in some scenario,It’s must be some fixed characters,it may be increase the OCR success rate.