UiPath REFramework - InitAllApplications.xaml not working properly no matter what!

Need help with the UiPath Academy Level 3 (advanced training) UiDemo assignment. I am having difficulty with the InitAllApplications.xaml

The process is unable to open the application & throws off an error.

Thanks in advance.

How to ask a good question? - Learn / FAQ and Tutorials - UiPath Community Forum

Buddy May i know what is the error you were facing

Cheers…

Thanks bro. Tried everything but getting the error again and again.

I have updated my first post with the screenshot of the error.

@arbaaz
Buddy kindly check with input arguments that is passed to open application like is there any variable passed with null value, Because this error usually depicts that the variable used in a activity is having a null value that is the null reference as mentioned in the error…

kindly check whether you have any argument passed with null value

Lets sort this out buddy…its easy
Cheers

I have done as many things as possible. I even searched the forum of people who had successfully run the process. But i am doing the same things and its not working for me.

No worries buddy, kindly check with open application activity arguments is any null value passed as input, may the config file doesn’t have the value from where you may pass the url to open application or the credential arguments…Or even if you have values, but wrong argument is passed to open application…Kindly check that buddy

Cheers…

I will upload the screenshots. Kindly have a look.

Buddy did you get the asset buddy from orchestrator using get assets activity

Cheers

In the PDD, they don’t mention to use that activity. Neither do the people who have successfully run the same sequence. What to do?

Then mention the path in config buddy… I think it was missing out there in the file

I would do it, but the PDD mentions that it should be pulled as an asset from the orchestrator. If i write the path in the config, it won’t be pulling it from the orchestrator, and it would just use the config file locally to open the application.

Buddy in REFramework we have a framework called InitAllSettings where we have an activity called Get Assets where kindly mention the asset name and get the value and pass it to open application, as it was not done and sent as an empty argument to open application you were getting that error…

Cheers

For UiDemo you do not need to use assets. Just put it in the Config.xlsx in your Data folder. in_Config contains all the data loaded from that file.

It is mostly for learning purpose. If such a simple task can’t happen the way it is supposed to, then it hampers the learning process.

I was successful in pulling a credential asset from the orchestrator earlier, by using arguments and config file, but i don’t know why this text asset is having problems.

Any solution would be of great help.

Thanks in advance

@arbaaz

Buddy its very simple
Let me tell you the reason behind this error first and would like to provide you some suggestions that could surely resolve your issue.

1. So you have config file with asset name but not with value, and you pass the argument to orchestrator with this argument. As you dont have the value in config, the argument that is the object has no reference with its value, thats why it was showing error like Object reference not set to any instance of the object.
    Moreover you have created asset in orchestrator, but you didn’t use it inside the workflow again the same buddy…

OK…Coming to the point, Hope these suggestion could resolve your issue

1. See assets are not only used to store data for credentials and password, we can get the same from config file. Both are safe like only if you have access to orchestrator you can make changes or even see the asset credential. Similarly only if you have the nupkg or project folder with you, you can access the config file…Then we use different way of getting credential at different times, the reason is if you use config file way of accessing you cannot use the same credentials and URL’s in other process unless you invoke them…but assets can be used in any number of robots in the orchestrator process by just calling the asset with get asset in their workflows…thats the main reason why you assets often to avoid redundancy and moreover its encrypted as well…

Hope this would help you

Cheers…

That could be it, but again the PDD mentions something else. As per PDD, its supposed to work nicely.

Screenshot%20(20)

Regarding your point:

1. So you have config file with asset name but not with value, and you pass the argument to orchestrator with this argument. As you dont have the value in config, the argument that is the object has no reference with its value, thats why it was showing error like Object reference not set to any instance of the object .
    Moreover you have created asset in orchestrator, but you didn’t use it inside the workflow again the same buddy…

As shown somewhere in the above screenshots, i have created the necessary text asset in orchestrator (which contains the proper file path). I then modify config file as mentioned in PDD.

This same method worked earlier for me when i pulled a credential asset from orchestrator. I don’t understand why it wouldn’t work now.

Hi @arbaaz

Is this issue sorted? Or are you still stuck with it?

So a bit about assets, there are few types of assets as we all know. All assets except credential type should be listed under assets sheet in the config file. The assets with credential type should be listed under settings sheet of the config file. Why we do this is because, the activity we use to retrieve normal assets is different than the activity we use to retrieve credential type assets. For normal assets we use Get asset while for credential we use get credential. So if you list a credential type under assets sheet it will throw an error.

Make sure you have done that properly.

Let know whether it helps

1 Like

Greetings bro.

I am clueless so far. Tried each and everything. I am uploading workflow file. Kindly have a look.

Regards

Level-3-UiDemo.zip (520.2 KB)