UiPath Log

Hi,
I usually add writeline activity in my process, helps me know where in the process.
Is this okay or what is a good practice? If I need to see the writeline in text file what do I need to do? without adding much time to bot execution time.

Thanks,

Hey @A_Learner
I recommend replace with ‘log messages’. In a production environment, it’s better to replace ‘Write Line’ activities with ‘Log Message’ activities. Logging provides more control and is designed to work with Orchestrator. Log level (Info, Debug, Trace, Warn, Error) can also help you categorize your messages.
This helps in filtering logs based on the severity or importance of the messages.

If you want to use the ‘Write Line’ or log messages in a text file you can use 'Use ‘Append Line’ Activity’ to write messages to a text file. This will add each message to the end of the file.

When you use the Log message activity, the logs are written to a file (default folder: %LocalAppData%\UiPath\Logs) and also sent to Orchestrator.

A Writeline activity is basically equivalent to a Trace level Log message.

For reference:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.