Uipath intergration with Jenkins

Hi Folks,

I try to integrate uiptah to Jenkis but the tool is not working as expected.
Can anyone help me out

1 Like

Hi @sandhya1986,

Check the below steps and let us know if you are facing any issues,

System Requirements:
JDK-JDK 1.8 or above
Memory-2 GB RAM (recommended)
Disk Space-No minimum requirement. Note that since all builds will be stored on the Jenkins machines, it has to be ensured that sufficient disk space is available for build storage.
Operating System Version-Jenkins can be installed on Windows, Ubuntu/Debian, Red Hat/Fedora/CentOS, Mac OS X, openSUSE, FReeBSD, OpenBSD, Gentoo.
Java Container- The WAR file can be run in any container that supports Servlet 2.4/JSP 2.0 or later.(An example is Tomcat 5).

Jenkins Download:
Need to download Jenkins.war and install Jenkins plugin in our local machine.
Jenkins.War files location:

From the downloaded path we need to execute the command in command windows to install the Jenkins plugin. But we need JRE8 in order to install Jenkins latest version.
Command to install: java –jar Jenkins.war --httpPort=8080

To check the Jenkins installations go to Internet Explorer and navigate to
https://localhost:9090/login?from the windows will be similar to the Figure 3: Jenkins dashboard

During the first time installation and hosting of the Jenkins it will prompt to configure userid and password for Jenkins.
Connect with SVN:
Subversion is a plugin we need to download and install it to connect with Jenkins from SVN.
And we need to setup proxy in the subversion to connect with the SVN.

Webproxygo.fpl.com: 9090
We need to supply FPL LAN ID which configured/used to login to that VM where Jenkins installed.

If subversion plug is not installed and not listed in Jenkins dashboard then we have to go for upload plugin method, which is a manual configuration method. For this we need to get and open subversion.hpi

Under subversion plugin we need to do the following,

1. Configure repository url as shown in Figure 7: Jenkins – subversion plugins repository configuration
  2. Pass SVN credentials
  3. Under build tab – configure windows batch command file, select the file by browsing it from workspace.
    Batch file command sample:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath Studio\UiRobot.exe”/file:“C:\Users{UserId}{Application_Name}\DriverScript.xaml”

Exit

Restart Jenkins:
In order to complete with the above configuration we need to restart the Jenkins.
To restart Jenkins manually, you can use either of the following commands:

(jenkins_url)/safeRestart - Allows all running jobs to complete. New jobs will remain in the queue to run after the restart is complete.
(jenkins_url)/restart - Forces a restart without waiting for builds to complete.

2 Likes

Hi,

Samples given here is for integrating the UiPath and Jenkins that are installed in the local machine. How to integrate Jenkins with UiPath if both are installed in separate machines in the enterprise network? Appreciate for great help!

Regards,
Rajesh

Hi @rdevaraj ,
Where you able to find a solution where UiPath and Jenkins are on different machine are you are trying to integrate it.
Do let us know. I am also in same problem and looking for solution.

1 Like

hi @sarathi125 ,
Your inputs on this if any? please help

Hi,

I’m also facing the same issue but the build was getting success but it was not generating the package

can I know y…?

Check below if it is not generating the package:

1. Robot should be installed in Jenkins Server
  2. Check workspace if the code base id getting downloaded to defined folder in Jenkins
  3. Check if the folder containing the code is read-only, if yes, add the script to make it read-write

Any idea on how to integrate UIPath with jenkins and Git

Hi Anariky,

The Jenkins Plugin available on Go! is in a beta state and not officially supported or maintained. Atm we are working on a product version of it, available with our April release. This new version will be able to pack and deploy workflows/test cases and run test cases on Orchestrator.
Meanwhile, I am happy to assist you with the issues you are facing with the old version. Could you provide some further details here, or if you prefer to join a zoom call on it, pls drop me an email on thomas.stocker@uipath.com

2 Likes

Hi Thomas,
I have followed the steps and uploaded the hpi file in Jenkins. After that when I executed the batch script to generate NUGET package , it keeps on timing out. Script:
start cmd.exe \k
cd C:\Users\SachinBhatnagar\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-19.10.2
UiRobot -pack “C:\Users\User\Documents\UiPath\JenkingsTest\project.json” -o “C:\Users\User\Documents\UiPath\JenkingsTest”
exit

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Hi Sachin9s,

I guess, it would be best to setup a quick zoom call where you can show me the issue.
Pls get in touch on: thomas.stocker@uipath.com

1 Like

Hi Thomas,
We’re currently in the process of setting up Jenkins to work with UiPath, using the UiPath plugin.
I’ve made some headway, but I keep tripping up when the UiPath Pack part runs
(Jenkins is currently installed locally on the same PC as my UiStudio is installed on - for testing purposes) - However I get the following when trying to pack a Nuget pack:

28.02.2020 10:35:24: Running pack with the arguments: -pack C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Jacobs-Sandbox\project.json -o C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Jacobs-Sandbox@tmp\Output -v 1.08
28.02.2020 10:35:26: Pack result: Robot does not exist.
ERROR: Failed to execute powershell session while importing the module and packing. Command : Import-Module ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Jacobs-Sandbox@tmp\UiPath.Extensions\1.0.7051.31454\RobotExecutor-PublicModule.psd1’ -Force;Import-Module ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Jacobs-Sandbox@tmp\UiPath.Extensions\1.0.7051.31454\UiPathPackage-Module.psd1’ -Force;Import-Module ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Jacobs-Sandbox@tmp\UiPath.PowerShell\19.4.0.17\UiPath.PowerShell.psd1’ -Force; Pack -projectJsonPath ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Jacobs-Sandbox’ -packageVersion ‘1.08’ -outputFolder ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Jacobs-Sandbox@tmp\Output’
Finished: FAILURE

There is a UiRobot connected to the PC that Jenkins is running on, so I’m unsure what’s causing this.

Any pointers would be helpful

Regards,
Jacob Jul Sørensen

how to move code from one orchestrator to another orchestrator typicall move code through different environments using and integrating both jenkins and code repository ?

Hello Thomas,
I am also facing some issue when I am trying to connect Jenkins with UiPath. Below is the console output when I build the project in Jenkins.
[Test_Jenkins] $ powershell.exe -NonInteractive -ExecutionPolicy ByPass “& ‘C:\windows\TEMP\jenkins87078399534192696.ps1’”
WARNING: Some imported command names contain one or more of the following
restricted characters: # , ( ) {{ }} & - / \ $ ^ ; : " ’ < > | ? @ ` * % +
= ~
04.04.2020 16:18:44: Running pack with the arguments: -pack C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Test_Jenkins\Jenkins_Test\project.json -o C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Test_Jenkins@tmp\Output
& : The term ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiRobot.exe’ is not
recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify
that the path is correct and try again.
At C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Test_Jenkins@tmp\UiPath.Extensions
1.0.7051.31454\UiPathPackage-Module.psm1:280 char:25

•     $packResult = & "$(Get-UiPathLocation)\UiRobot.exe" -pack "$p ...

•                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Program File…dio\UiRobot.e
      xe:String) , CommandNotFoundException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

04.04.2020 16:18:44: Pack result:

expected plugin jar path is : C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\plugins\uipath-automation-package\WEB-INF\lib\uipath-automation-package.jar
extracting powershell modules to temp folder
extracted powershell modules to temp folder
[Test_Jenkins] $ powershell.exe -NonInteractive -ExecutionPolicy ByPass “& ‘C:\windows\TEMP\jenkins3350296473628306978.ps1’”
WARNING: Some imported command names contain one or more of the following
restricted characters: # , ( ) {{ }} & - / \ $ ^ ; : " ’ < > | ? @ ` * % +
= ~
04.04.2020 16:18:49: Deploying C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Test_Jenkins@tmp to UiPath
Get-UiPathAuthToken : Unable to deserialize the response.
At C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Test_Jenkins@tmp\UiPath.Extensions
1.0.7051.31454\UiPathPackage-Module.psm1:41 char:9

•     Get-UiPathAuthToken -URL $orchestratorAddress -TenantName $te ...

•     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:slight_smile: [Get-UiPathAuthToken], Seriali
      zationException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Rest.SerializationException,UiPath.Pow
      erShell.Cmdlets.GetAuthToken

04.04.2020 16:18:50: Found 0 packages to upload to UiPath
Finished: SUCCESS

Could you please help me on the issue.

Facing same issue.Please let me know if find any fix

Hello nagaakhila1,
We have fixed the issue, please let me know whether you are using Cloud Community Orchestrator or On-Premise Enterprise orchestrator.
We need to use the Enterprise Orchestrator details in UiPath deploy settings in Jenkins.
In UiPath Go market place under Jenkin plugin please see the Q& A section to understand more .

1 Like

I was using cloud orchestrator

Hi,
My uipath robot is installed in different location not in C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio.
Please let me know if there is any way to use uipath plugin without changing the location.

Hi,
If we use Cloud Community edition the default UiPath studio will be saved in the user and App location but if we use the Enterprise on-premise edition the default would be C:\Programfiles and the stuido.we dont need to change any path settings to use Jenkin plugin if we installed the Onpremise Enterprise Studio.With community edition the plugin wont work I believe.

HI @Madhavi_Jaiswal,

Is it possible to share the script which can convert the read-only to read-write while we build the process in Jenkins.