UiPath Integration Service General Availability Release is Now Available!

We’re excited to release the new Integration Service for Automation Cloud, which brings managed integration with a robust catalog of Connectors for UiPath Automation Cloud. Read more about the Integration Service here. The new Integration Service brings:

• Connectors - Rapidly growing list of new Connectors every month to connect to the systems you use the most. Each Connector in the catalog will also have a related Activity Pack. Read more about it here.

• Connections - Easily manage and authenticate to 3rd party services such as Salesforce and ServiceNow so you can quickly get started using with no setup needed. You can set up a new connection from Integrations in Automation Cloud or directly in Studio. Learn more about Connections here.

• New set of Activity Packs - Using the Integration Service and Connections for increased capability and ease of use. There are a new set of Integration Service activity packs UiPath.{ConnectorName}.IntegrationService.Activities
    Microsoft Office365 and Google GSuite Activity Pack updates are also available with updated version. These new activities allow the use of the new Connections for authentication.

• Triggers (Preview) – Automatically start automations in Orchestrator on events in Connectors and your Connections. Learn more about Triggers here.

This Integration Service release just the beginning and will be sharing more about future releases later this year.

Pre-Requirements

Studio

21.10.3 or higher

Enable Integration Service for a tenant
To make sure you have the Integration Service available; you will need to enabled Integration Service on your Automation Cloud account.

Follow these steps to add Integration Service to one of your cloud tenants:

1. Navigate to “Admin > Tenants”
  2. Click the vertical ellipsis ( ⋮ ) at the right of the tenant for which you want to enable the Integration Service and select “Tenant Settings”
  3. Click the check box for “Integrations” and then click the Save button

Once enabled, you will see a new “Integration Service” icon on the left navigation.

Creating your first Connector Connection.

1. Click on the “Integration Service” icon on the left Automation Cloud menu.

2. Here you will see a list of Connectors available. We will be publishing new Connectors every month.

3. Click on a Connector that you are interested in such as Salesforce

4. You will see a list of any connections that have been made. You can create a new connection by simply clicking on “Add Connection”.

5. Every Connection for a given system can be different. Adding a connection may take you to the systems login page or we may ask you for additional information needed to authenticate with a given system. Creating this connection will be used for design time in Studio for related Activity Packs as well as how you configure the Robot for runtime.

6. Once you have authenticated, you will see your new connection in the list. Notice that your first one is labeled as “Default”. You can create other Connections, but only one can be set as Default and will be the Connection used for design time and runtime.

Using your Connection to design processes in Studio

1. Open UiPath Studio. Version 21.10.3 or higher

2. Open Package Manager and install the Activity Pack related to your Connector’s Connection you created before.

Note
    Integration Service related Activity Packs are listed as UiPath.{ConnectorName}.IntegrationService.Activities EX: UiPath.Salesforce.IntegrationService.Activities.

At the time of release Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Oracle Eloqua, Oracle NetSuite, Salesforce, SAP Cloud For Customer, ServiceNow, Sugar Enterprise, Sugar Professional Sugar Sell, Sugar Serve are available. Check back to the Connectors page and Activity Pack feed for regularly releases. Activity Pack versions 3.x or higher. As new or updated Integration Service Connectors and related Activity Packs are published, please use v3 activity pack or higher.

Microsoft Office365 and Google GSuite Activity Pack updates are also available with versions. These new activities allow the use of the new Connections for authentication via the Use Connection service property.

3. For Activity Packs, except for Office365 and GSuite, in the Scope Activity you will see a Configure button on the canvas. If you have already created a Connection for this Connector and Activity Pack, it will automatically be selected as it is your “Default” Connection. You can have multiple Connections, however only one Default Connection will be used for a given connection at a time. In a future release you will be able to select another Connection.

If you did not already have a connection you can always create a new connection by clicking on “Create a New Connection”.

Using Triggers in the Integration Service
Triggers allows you to start processes based on events that happen in other systems. The Integration Service Connectors are used to expose events that are available for a given connector.

1. Create your process in UiPath Studio as you normally do, you can trigger any process using Integration Service. To receive details of the record that resulted in the event, you can define the following input arguments of type String in your process and Integration Service will populate them when it starts the job –

• UiPathEventConnector
    • UiPathEvent
    • UiPathEventObjectType
    • UiPathEventObjectId

The UiPathEventObjectId will generally contain the record primary ID that is being triggered. Example: Salesforce “AccountID”

2. Publish your process to the Orchestrator, you can publish it to a shared folder or a personal workspace. If you are going to use Integration Service Connections in the process, make sure the user configured to run the unattended automation already has Connections created for them.

3. Click on the “Integration Service” icon on the left Automation Cloud menu, and then click on the Trigger Tab.

4. Click the Add Trigger button

5. Select the Connector, Connection, Event and Record Type for the event that you want to monitor

6. On the right half of the configuration experience, select the Process and Job Type.

7. Click the Add Trigger button to create and activate your trigger.

For more information and to log feedback on Triggers, please see the Integration Service Insiders portal.

10 Likes

It looks Awesome, I did try with Add a Trigger on Google Docs … it’s saying

Google hasn’t verified this app

The app is requesting access to sensitive info in your Google Account. Until the developer (integrations-apps@uipath.com) verifies this app with Google, you shouldn’t use it.

Is this only waring message? or should we wait for this to be approved?

There was a slight timing issue on the app approval. Please try again, you should no longer see the warning.

2 Likes

Hi Team,

Another connector has another issue…this time I tried the Sales force, connection manager.

Connection is all good at Integration Service Page, However, it’s not able to succeed using Salesforce Scope.

Not able to figure out what’s going wrong, Nothing on the

documentation site.

Any help.

Mates @Palaniyappan @Parth_Doshi - Did you try?

1 Like

Hello.

Its a bit unclear for me how this should be setup if I would like my unattended robot to run this process?

I have created connections to JIRA and Outlook (Legacy) both using my credentials. I have then created a trigger for JIRA to start a process that uses the Outlook connection to send an email with the information. This process is to be run on my unattended robot, but it crashes due to the outlook activity (No default connection is available). The unattended robot have its own MS365 account, am I to add that to as a connection as well? And if so, don’t I have to acquire additional licenses as it will now be acting as a user inside the cloud(which it doesn’t do know).

1 Like

@kts1 Instead of using a robot account, you will need to use a named user as the unattended user, and pre-setup default connections from the portal by logging in the portal as that named user. Once you’ve done that, the default connection can be found.

@RyanBoone is an Integration to Shopify planned? Is there a possibility to see which Integrations are being released this year (e.g., in insider portal)?

For our company integrations (cloud automation) are a hot topic at the moment!
Thanks!

I’m not sure if there is a bug with the UiPath.Jira.IntegrationService.Activities pack. After setting up the connector and adding the package to a project, it’s possible to create a Jira scope and connect it. Something simple such as creating an issue seems to work well until the UiPath project is closed and re-opened, then this error appears:

Studio is enterprise 21.10.4, so I’m not sure why this error would appear. This effectively breaks any Jira Scope added to a project. Using Manage Packages to remove/add/update any other package seems to resolve the issue and the error disappears and the Jira Scope activity works again.

4 Likes

Hi @s.bruce

Is this issue still occurring to you? Our team tried to reproduce it but without a success - it seems to be working as it should.

Could you maybe provide more details about your Studio version as well as more details about your specific project? (versions of packages)

Also, does the same happen on a freshly created, new project?

Same issue has happened again today on opening this project. Studio 21.10.4 Enterprise, latest versions of all dependencies, project based on the REFramework.

I have not seen this happen within a fresh project, we have so far only added the Jira integration services activity pack to existing projects.

Would you be able to provide a sample project that reproduces this issue? (either here or via a private message to me @loginerror)

Maybe it would be possible to purge it by deleting most activities/xaml files that might contain any sensitive information.

Alternatively, does the same happen on a new XAML file in such a project?

Hi.

Is it possible to add a trigger on the Outlook 365 connection starting a specific process, when a e-mail is received in a specific outlook folder?

Hey Steffen - we are working on bringing event filters into the Integration Service as part of our next major release (April/May). This will allow kicking off your process based on any criteria we have available and avoid the need to build this logic in your process itself. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Hi UiPath Community,
I have a few questions in regards to Integrations Service:

1. Triggers pull new/updated records each 5 minutes and are capable to start a job…
  • How does is it work when in 5 minutes a system return you hundreds or thousands of new entities? Are there any limitations on Integration Service side in regards to this (e.g. Integrations Service can pull not more than 100 records)?
  • Will an Orchestrator try to start thousands of new jobs (new job for each “in-scope” entity)? Can Orchestrator do it?
  • What are Orchestrator limitations in terms of amount of the same jobs starts (e.g. Orchestrator fails a new job start in case when there are already “X” the same jobs in “Pending” state)?
  1. Are there any plans to add Trigger’s capability which can allow to populate a Queue instead of triggering a new Job?

Appreciate for any comments/insights!

1 Like

@Evgenii_Pimenov - Correct, triggers that are setup through the Integration Service execute every 5 minutes and important to note, have a limit of 1000 objects being returned. Therefore we automatically cap the amount of processes started in Orchestrator. As you described, those jobs will be created in their “Pending” state and then execute when possible.

We have an entire roadmap to enhance our current trigger functionality. We’ll be releasing it over multiple phases throughout the year. You will soon notice more detailed filtering options before we actually trigger your bot including polling interval options.
I’ll be discussing your queueing question with the team

-Guy

2 Likes

Hi community,

These integration services are great! We just started using them but realised connections are not seen by other users on the same tenant. Is there a way to share connections between the users on the same Orchestrator? For example in our case, three developers want to use the same Outlook 365 account connection to build triggers for 3 different processes.

This would be a good feature to add because if one of the developers is on leave or resigns it would be difficult to deactivate a trigger if a process needs debugging.