UIPATH Gmail SMTP Error

Hi There !,
I have enabled all the settings in my gmail account but I am still getting an error in UIPATH stating the below Exception

"PDF_Path has thrown an exception

Source: Send SMTP Mail Message

Message: A non-recoverable error occurred during a database lookup

Exception Type: SocketException

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A non-recoverable error occurred during a database lookup
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.SendMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)"

1 Like

Hi @AryanPrakash!

This error occurs because the SMTP Server is incorrect. So instead of β€œsmtp@gmail.com” please type β€œsmtp.gmail.com”.

2 Likes

Thanks Alot @ovi.
That was a silly mistake :slight_smile:

Hi @ovi
I have configured everything in SMTP yet i get an error message saying - "The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address. "

Hi @SHAISTA,
Can you send the screenshot of the activity and properties and error message.
And also Check givien mail id is correct or not.
Regards,
Arivu :slight_smile:

Hi @arivu96
The given email id is correct and i am attaching the screenshot.Please check.

This is the error i get-

Hi @SHAISTA,

Remove the properties->sender->from and name
And try again

Regards,
Arivu :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanx @arivu96 . It worked :slight_smile:

Facing an issue with SMTP as in attached screenshot.

This was resolved, i had configured wrong SMTP port. Now i am facing issue like invalid credentials even though my credentials are correct.image

it is still throwing error statement even after doing what you stated . From properties section i removed from and name .
any other solution to this issue to resolve ?

Hi Arivu, could you explain why we need to remove sender? Cause I always use that and this time it doesn’t work. Thank u

Hi
Tutorial on smtp gmail

2 Likes