Uipath form usage and exposure to the users

i have been exploring the form designer and came out with a form where people can enter details and they will then be stored in an excel. However, how do i actually get people to access the form? it dont make sense for the users to run RPA themselves and to fill in the form. Is there a way for RPA to auto show the form to people?

1 Like

Hey @Melee_Noob

There are two things available in UiPath,

1. UiPath Form Designer which is a solution for attended robots, like whenever a user needs to enter something on form they should trigger the bot from their machine. (The trigger points can be anything like manually triggering a bot, clicking a button on a web app etc but the thing is not should be installed on user machine)

2. UiPath Apps is a solution which will be kind of a web dashboard and available to all users with access through a link

Hope this helps

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

hi, thanks for your kind response. when you say click a button on the web app, can you elaborate on that? right now the users need to fill in a hard copied form at our office. How can i make the form accessable to them? thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Melee_Noob

Is he a public user or internal employee ?

Thanks
#nK

Hi @Melee_Noob ,

The UiPath Forms is most suitably used for Attended Automation purposes. Meaning it can only be accessed from the System where the RPA Process is running.

all are internal employees!

1 Like

Can the RPA be programmed in a way that it always runs and display a form? When the user submit a form, RPA will re-run and display the same form? thanks!

1 Like

@Melee_Noob ,

Yes. We would be able to do that by providing a While(True) loop condition.

1 Like

Hey @Melee_Noob

Yes then it’s possible, But all the above requires additional licenses.

One more alternative approach which I can suggest is with reduced overhead and easy implementation is like if you have any form based platforms readily available like Microsoft forms etc… You can use that as input source & trigger the bot whenever there is a record added through it !

Thanks
#nK

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.