UiPath.Excel.Activities Read Range activity index was outside the bounds of the array

When is the issue in UiPath.Excel.Activities Read Range activity that results in an “index was outside the bounds of the array” error going to be fixed ?. The error was introduced in version 2.0.6333.17728 5/17/2017 (version 1.2.6256.15131 works fine).

Can you post the screenshot of your workflow @Gid?

The thing is you are referring to a non-existing range

The thing is it works fine in version 1.2.6256.15131, as soon as you update the UiPath.Excel.Activities package to a newer version the same code fails with the error. I am trying to avoid using the Excel application scope.

Can you try with excel application scope and read range of app integration > excel activities instead of system files @Gid

It works fine within the Excel application scope.I do not want to use the application scope as I get a “screen flash” of Excel, even with visibility set to no.

Please check the range or try giving the range as “”,

Have you tried running the read range activity alone @Gid?

I have the range set as “”, running the read range activity alone is when the error occurs.

Hi @Gid

Could you share the fresh project that reproduces the issue? :slight_smile: A full zip of the project folder is much appreciated.

Please find below, its coded so it works (returns the spreadsheet’s rows count), but update the Uipath.Excel.Activities packages to any newer version than 1.2.6256.15131 and it fails.

ExcelTest.zip (215.2 KB)

Thanks for reporting, your project reproduces the issue really nicely. Let me dig around a bit.
EDIT
I registered the bug in our system :slight_smile:

Many Thanks, the work-a-round for now is to use the Excel Application Scope.

Hi,
Do you have an estimate of when a fix for this will be available?

All the best
G

Hi @Gid

It has been reported and is up to our developers to take action on it. I’m sure it will be fixed, but unfortunately I can’t provide a specific promise on when it would be.