The UiPath Community team is excited to announce the launch of our first online hackathon of 2020.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
As we continue to grow and nurture our global UiPath Community, we’re continuously looking for ways to better engage and captivate our audience. We’re streamlining the way community developers bring automation ideas to life, inviting them to be active contributors to our products and the way automations are built.
To that end, we’re planning to further democratize RPA by enabling our developer community to build UiPath Custom Activities at enterprise standards and publish them on the UiPath Marketplace , growing both their expertise and portfolio. This online hackathon is a unique “experiment” where we’ll not only build Custom Activities and reward the best ones, but we’ll also learn together and build a joint way of working.
We’re giving away $5,000 in cash prizes , as well as several engagement opportunities with UiPath.
We are looking for professional RPA developers who have a good grasp of UiPath technology to participate in this unique hackathon experiment. During this hackathon, selected participants will be asked to:
- Participate in a training program designed to transfer knowledge about how to build enterprise-level Custom Activities using the latest tools and best practices.
- Select a pre-screened idea for a Custom Activity that they will build once the training program is completed
- Build the Custom Activity using the newly gained skills and tools
- Submit their completed Custom Activity to the UiPath Marketplace
- Provide continuous and constructive feedback on all aspects of the training and build process.
The Hackathon will run in three phases:
- March 2nd to March 20th: Training
- March 20th to April 15th: Hackathon
- April 15 – May 1st: Curation and Winners Announced
The deadline for submission will be April 15th
What is a Custom Activity?
UiPath Custom Activities are part of UiPath Studio, designed to help you create a clear and smooth automation process. Think of an activity as one piece in a larger puzzle. You need multiple activities, each connected to the next, to create the entire puzzle (aka the workflow). The complexity of activities varies from simply defining a variable to configuring them using custom wizards.
All activities are integrated into packages that cover specific areas of interest. For example, activities related to manipulating Excel files like .xlsx and .csv are organized under the UiPath.Excel.Activities package, making it easy to find what you’re seeking.
Additionally, you can create custom activities to better automate processes based on your needs. The steps below will give you the foundation to build custom activities in five minutes flat.
We are looking at participants that have:
- Strong and proven UiPath Studio Skills
- Preferable C# skills
- A strong desire to build active Components for the UiPath Go! Marketplace.
We will contact you within a week if you have been selected to participate with details on the hackathon and next steps.
Cash prizes total of $5,000.
- First Place Winner: $3,000
- Second Place Winner: $2,000
- Featured on Community Website
- Meet with Product Team
- Invited to a UiPath Event
- Featured webinar on Custom Activities
- Blog post on Community Sites
- Become MVP in the next cycle
- Quick Start - The 5 minute activity set - Integrations Docs
- Anatomy of an Activity - Integrations Docs
- The Activity File - Integrations Docs
- The Designer File - Integrations Docs
- Building Your Package - Integrations Docs