UiPath closes apps automatically. Why?

When I run a bot that uses a browser and an Excel file for example, the bot will close both of them at the end of the run session. I would like to avoid this. Is there any way do control when the apps get closed? Thank you!

1 Like

@Stefan_Stan

Check your close application and kill process flows…Or anywhere in the end state if there is kill process used…

If yes then remove it

Hello @Stefan_Stan,

U could comment out that particular code or xaml itself…

@Stefan_Stan Me too facing the same issue , i just tried to run a bot with open a website in browser, the bot opens the url and closes the browser automatically. How to keep the browser remains open?

1 Like

Hello @Stefan_Stan I was getting the same issue

You have to set up properly the activity on the “Close” option from the “Options” menu on the “Properties” panel

For example:

If you are going to automate in any browser, you have to use at the beginning the activity named “Use Application/Browser”

You will see on the Properties Panel a menu named “Options”, on that option on this menu you will get 3 options

1- Never
2- IfOpenedByAppBrowser
3- Always

So, you have to select the first one, Never, and the app/browser you are working with is not going to get closed again when UiPath ends working with that app/browser

I hope this helps you

Hugs from Guatemala

3 Likes

Hello @Praveen_Vs I was getting the same issue

You have to set up properly the activity on the “Close” option from the “Options” menu on the “Properties” panel

For example:

If you are going to automate in any browser, you have to use at the beginning the activity named “Use Application/Browser”

You will see on the Properties Panel a menu named “Options”, on that option on this menu you will get 3 options

1- Never
2- IfOpenedByAppBrowser
3- Always

So, you have to select the first one, Never, and the app/browser you are working with is not going to get closed again when UiPath ends working with that app/browser

I hope this helps you

Hugs from Guatemala

2 Likes

It works thank you so much

Thank you, it works.