UiPath 2019 Preview (Community Edition v2019.5.0)

Please say now that Studio is cloud based this is going to be the last time I lose my ‘favourites’ activities, I really miss them each time I upgrade!

However l am loving the new studio.

One small niggle about the universal search (the fact that it looks through your projects is fantastic as before you really had to run the process in debug to open all the invokes so you could search through them). My problem is that let’s say you search for something and it appears 10 times, you can click on the first item and deal with whatever change there is but then the search results disappear and you have to open the search retype the string you are looking for and then go to the second item in the list. The old universal search was persistent, in as much as you could click on one item and then the next etc. because the search value didn’t disappear, which I think was a much better system.

Also people should be a bit wary about the invoke which now has a great ‘open workflow’ button but the ‘import arguments’ button resets your argument values each time you press import arguments so make sure once you set them you use the properties window to view your arguments or they will get reset. Possibly this could be changed so that if a value has been added it won’t get overwritten to blank?

2 Likes

Make arguments visible in locals in Debug Mode! Please!

6 Likes

Hi @charliefik

As far as I know, the favourites can only disappear if you install Studio via the new installer rather than letting it auto-upgrade. When it auto-upgrades, all settings remain the same, so I would suggest you to do that.
(otherwise, the installer wipes out the UiPath folder to make sure all settings are set to default values)
You can still backup these files before the install to make sure you never lose them again:

As to the Universal Search, I know @Mircea.Chelba is looking for all the feedback he can get, so thank you a lot for that :slight_smile:

Lastly, the Invoke Workflow feedback is also very welcomed. But just to make it clear, the Import Arguments button will only overwrite your arguments if you click OK. If you cancel the import, the arguments specified via Properties box will remain the same.
It is also worthy to note that if your variables in the root workflow have the same name as your arguments in the workflow being invoked, those will be automatically assigned by using the Import Argument function :slight_smile: The logic behind the rework is to make it simple to Invoke your workflows and never again miss an argument. After all, why would you want to define an argument for the invoke workflow that doesn’t exist in the workflow that is being invoked?

4 Likes

This is definitely a right idea. However I would propose a different implementation: Place the “Import” button inside the workflow arguments dialog window. Would it make sense?

Question: What if the WorkflowFileName is not defined as string but as string variable?

Cheers

3 Likes

Hello

When I link the arguments, the saved variables do not remain.

Could you make a version downgrade while the problem is solved?

Thanks

1 Like

Sorry about this but I’ve got another issue regarding the universal search. I’m pretty sure that previously it was over to the right of the screen. Now it is centralised which means if you have a lot of items that contain the string you are searching for, the list, basically covers the design window so you can’t really see what is the activity that contains the string (it may be that you know you’ve already looked at that item for example so you may wish to ignore that one, but you can’t see so you click on the item and then you get to retype the string back into the search box, it’s more of a pain if you have a lot of search results as its harder to keep track of which ones you’ve looked at already)

1 Like

I’ve got another question. Now we have a cloud based version of Uipath, might it be possible to fix the selector edit window so that when you use a double quote to put around a variable in the selector to make it dynamic, it doesn’t then change to " and mess up the selector pleeeeeease fix this, it’s such a pain having to change the selectors in the properties text box (obviously nothing to do with cloud based versions, it’s just that surely this should have been sorted out by now in all the versions that have been and gone). Maybe it’s an impossible fix I don’t know.

1 Like

@Gabriel_Tatu @Corneliu_Niculite - Thanks for the responses.

1 Like

Hi @charliefik

Try this new feature and let us know your feedback:

It’s already there in 2019.5.
You can access this by first placing your cursor on the desired property and then right clicking it.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info @loginerror. That does look absolutely fantastic! FYI nothing seems to happen by right clicking in the Edit Selector window (which you seem to be in on your screen shot) however if you go into the Edit Attributes section and right click you do get the choices you showed choose variable and create variable (just to let people know instead of building a string using double quotes it surrounds the variable name with double curly brackets, who knew?).

Either way brilliant! I will never go into the properties window again (except to change everything else).

3 Likes

Do you think it would be possible to get the ‘choose variable’ to work with arguments also as it seems to only be able to find variables at the moment so to use an input argument value you first have to assign it to a variable.

You can of course put the input argument directly into the selector string manually but that’s very old fashioned (nobody is typing out strings anymore)

1 Like

Hi @charliefik

Basically, arguments were apparently tricky to implement :slight_smile: The team is aware of it though, and I will save your remark in our tracking to add a bit more pressure towards it.

2 Likes

Could not get the option for extract correlated data in data scrapping while some of the people are getting the option…

1 Like

Hi @doshi.mk

Some suggested here that creating a new project should help:

Could you try it?

Please also update the activity packages to the latest available versions.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Please add SSO for SAP login

This was actually our first idea, but that window would have to be rewritten from scratch for that. If the WorkflowFilename path cannot be solved at design time, the Import functionality will not do anything (neither import, nor replace). You will have to add your arguments manually.

There is a logic to that. We allow replacing of the Attributes values only! If you select anything that would render a selector invalid, you don’t get the dropdown. So selecting a <tag or anything with ’ will not allow you to do a replacement in the Text editor. In short, only the Blue text can be replaced. Also, if you click without a text selection, the default value will be *

Arguments are a totally different implementation versus variables so it takes additional development. It is on our roadmap, but can’t promise a date yet.

2 Likes

I really like the way you show the locals sheet but I’d like to chose the columns, I don’t know if it’s possible right now if someone knows I’d appreciate you help.
thanks!

1 Like

In Data Scraping on 3rd and fourth page of ACME System 1 my bot will crashing. Please tell me Why it is crashing?

1 Like