Type Into not writing anything

Hello everyone.
I have created a UIPath process. One of the activities include Type Into.
So I have this app where I have to type the password. The problem is that sometimes it writes the password and sometimes not.

Did anyone face this problem before, and do you have any idea how to solve it?

select checkbox in property panel for type into, for “activate that field”

Try to use WaitForReady property to Complete.
Make sure Element is completely loaded.

Thanx for the reply.
What do you mean with “Make sure Element is completely loaded.”?

Enable these properties to ensure it is working

1. Enable Simulate type
  2. In WaitForReady property set as None
  3. Put some delay in Delaybefore like 2000

Usually there are 3 properties in WaitForReady

• WaitForReady – wait for the target to become ready, before performing the activity. There are three available options:
    • None – does not wait for the target to be ready.
    • Interactive – waits until only a part of the app is loaded.
    • Complete – waits for the entire app to be loaded.

This will ensure that the type into is entering some value

Cheers @F_Owl

Can you pls try to use a Find Element activity before the Type Into activity (with the same selector as the Type Into) ?

Cheers

Well I tried all of your suggestions but nothing worked.
I am attaching the process so maybe it will be more easy for you to understand what I am trying to do.

1 Like

Hi
Did we try with normal type into activity where pass the secure string like this

New System.Net.NetworkCredential(string.Empty, var_securepassword).Password.ToString

Ensure that you have enabled simulate type property in type into activity

Here in your sequence after get credential directly use TYPE INTO activity with the above expression

It will work for sure

If you want to validate whether the asset mentioned in GET CREDENTIAL activity is the right one then use a writeline activity next to get credential and mention this expression and see the output panel for some value

New System.Net.NetworkCredential(string.Empty, var_securepassword).Password.ToString

By that you can see whether we are getting the value to be typed

Cheers @F_Owl

Thanks for sharing @F_Owl

Would you be able to confirm if the Get Credential activity is successfully getting executed and the right password string is being retrieved ? You shall ensure this by including a simple message box before the find element activity.

I followed every step, with type int, but still doesn’t work.
This is the error I get:

Type Into ‘ThunderRT6TextBox’: Could not find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
[1]
[2]

Search failed at selector tag:
[1]

The closest matches found are:
[40%]
[40%]
[40%]
[40%]
[40%]
[40%]
[40%]
[40%]
[40%]
[40%]

Hmm

Let’s do one thing
Instead of type into let’s go for copy paste method

Like this

1. Pass the same expression we used in type into activity now to SET TO CLIPBOARD activity

2. Then use a normal CLICK activity to click on that field where we need to type
    Or use SEND HOT KEY ACTIVITY with key as tab without any element indicated that is with no selector

Use n number of such send hot key activity with tab as key until it reaches to the field where we want to type

We can get that count by our keyboard tab key

1. Then again finally use a SEND HOT KEY activity with key as ctrl+v without any element indicated so that it will paste the value from clipboard

This should work for sure

Cheers @F_Owl

Yes @jeshwanthaloy I can ensure that is the right password

@F_Owl Alright, could you please help to share the selector which you are using in the Type Into Activity ? Also, if possible please share the screenshot by inspecting the element with Ui Explorer.

Cheers

I tried and the first time it was executed okay. The second time it didn’t recognize the click activity.
Is there any possibility that this has something to do with the application that I am using?

Since your code worked for the first time? I would assume it works each time when you load your application window for the first time and it fails.
Also, the error is for selector of Type Into activity which means your find element works alright (unless you have set continue on error true for find element activity).

I would suggest checking the selector of the password field. It might be different than the one you are using at the moment. It can happen since window status changes.
The error message is not complete and is trimmed. you should have selector attributes after each[n] entry. Have a closer look at the following part of your error message.
[1]
[2]

Search failed at selector tag:
[1]

The closest matches found are:
[40%]

The ‘type into’ is faulting because the selector for the top-level selector tag failed. Most probably that is your title, main container window.

If you still have trouble try using attach window if it’s a desktop application or attach browser in case of web application just before type secure text activity and revalidate selector for both container and type activity.

It should be able to solve your problem.

Regards,
Chetan

1 Like

Thank you.
The attach window activity solved the issue

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.