Type into not removing previous text and not entering new text

Hi,

I am using type into activity, where i need to remove the existing value of phone no and add new value of phone number.
But it is not doing the same.
I have checked all the selectors they seems perfect to me.
Also I tried using verification after typing in that case it is giving me below error.

Can someone help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Riya_Bansal you can use the dynamic selector here…

@Tapan_Behera1 tried using it, but didn’t work for me.

Can you post your selector here?

@Tapan_Behera1

can you enable the empty field in properties pannel?

Click “ClickBeforeTyping” & “EmptyField” if its web based application check “SimulateType”

Regards,
Arivu

@Tapan_Behera1

I am getting this type of option

Are you using studioX? may I know the options that are available?

Hello @Riya_Bansal

Which Input method are you using here? Is it typing along with the existing data or failing to identify the element?

If it’s typing along with the existing data, then use Simulate type. Also, you can enable the Empty field property to clear the existing data before typing.

Thanks

@Tapan_Behera1

I am using studio. Below are options available. By default single line is selected.

@Rahul_Unnikrishnan

I am using delete first and then enter text. But it not entering any value in text field.

May i know your studio version?

@Tapan_Behera1

@Riya_Bansal

How are you deleting the text from the field? Using the empty field property?

Thanks

@Riya_Bansal

1. Try woth setting click before property to click instead of none.and also set the empty rows property to multiline and check

2, as a alternate solution…you can first perform a manual click and send [d(ctrl)]a[u(ctrl)] and a sepcial key delete or ctrl v.you can as well use keyboard shortcuts

Then try performing your steps

Cheers

@Anil_G

While using click before type I am getting this warning. Will this cause any issue or it be fine?
Please suggest

@Rahul_Unnikrishnan

No it is automatically deleting the previous text.
I think it is using this property, present in TypeInto activity

@Riya_Bansal

That should not be a problem…basically it means it wont work with simulate option checked

Cheers

@Riya_Bansal

For type into activity under properties select ClickBeforeTyping & EmptyField. Try this it will work

Thanks
Varun