Type Into Activity - Text not typed when SendWindowMessages is checked on followup activity

Hi All,

I am working in UiPath Academy on the RPA Developer Foundation plan > Ui Interactions module > Input Actions & Methods section where I am getting a strange error I am hoping you can help with.

I’ve reached the Video Demo - Input Actions & Input Methods section and completed the following steps:

1. Attach Window - Notepad
  2. Added the first Type Into activity with some random text
  3. Add a Click activity to click the minimise button on notepad
  4. Added the second Type Into activity with some random text

This all works fine when using the default settings on all the above activities. When I run the project, all text is printed in notepad.

Next, I then set the SendWindowMessages property to true on the first Type Into activity and set the SimulateClick property to true on the Click activity. Run the project and all text is printed in notepad as before. All is fine.

However, when I then set the SendWindowMessages property to true on the second Type Into activity and run the project, the text value of this activity is not printed in notepad.

There are no errors. Furthermore, if I add new activities after the second Type Into activity (… as shown in the video), these work fine.

Issue : The text from the second Type Into activity is not printed when the SendWindowMessages property is set to true.

Does anyone have a solution for this. Thanks in advance.