TryCatch for duplicate items in Orchestrator queues

I have a queue that works the transaction items then adds them to another queue. In one instance I may need to postpone the TI in the first queue a week but still need to add it to the second queue for notation processing. My issue is when I rerun the first transaction it will want to add the same reference number to the second queue which will throw an error. If I use a TryCatch will catching System.Transaction.TransactionException be too large of a net? There doesn’t seem to be a catch for Duplicate Reference Error Code: 1300.

This exception is thrown because your queue enforces unique reference.
see Managing Queues in Orchestrator

This option is available when you create the queue.

Is this set on purpose?

Cheers

I know it’s been a while since you posted this question, but in case it’s useful to anyone, here’s an idea:

If you want to make sure you’re catching only this exception, you can catch UiPath.Core.Activities.OrchestratorHttpException and inside catch section you can check if exception.Message.Contains("Duplicate"). If exception message does not contain this keyword you can rethrow the exception, else you may only want to log it.

7 Likes

Hi there @AlexandraVeizu,
As a suggestion, it may be worth incorporating a Property into the Add Queue Item Activity called Continue on Duplicate, or something similar.

Frequently, I find that Throwing an Exception is not my preferred response to a duplicate existing, but I fully understand it grants the flexibility to do whatever you need.

Thanks in advance,
Josh

1 Like