Trigger UIPath actions with webhooks

Hello!
We have a somewhat old CRM System we use at our company. It doesn’t have an API access or any documentation, the only way to input data into the system is manually through a browser, however it has big buttons and a clear UI, so it works surprisingly well with UIPath.

We use Zapier’s Webhook feature to transfer incoming leads from our website into a Google Sheet where our consultants process these leads and also upload them manually into the CRM.

We would like to use UIPath to automatically insert the leads into our CRM, and the best way to do this would be to use a webhook as a Trigger.
Through the webhook, we would like to send through the lead data fields (probably in JSON format) and have UIPath read the data and insert it into the corresponding fields in our CRM.

So far I haven’t figured out how to set this up, or if it’s possible at all. I appreciate all help!
Thank you,
Tamas.

Hi Buddy @Tamas_Balog

Welcome to Uipath community
Hope this would help you

Cheers

Hi @Palaniyappan, thanks for the quick reply.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but this only allows me to send data through a webhook from UIpath to an outside API or service.
What I’d like to do is send data through a webhook Into UIpath to trigger an event in UIpath.

Hi @Tamas_Balog,

You can use orchestrator API to do this using your WebHook which you can customize to trigger specific jobs on specific robots too. Every enterprise orchestrator installation has API calls enabled and we currently use it for various operations.
Call the Orchestrator API using your WebHook.
Additionally, if you’re using Queue items in your process, you can set triggers on the orchestrator itself whenever a Queue item gets updated (2019.4.10 version onwards)

1 Like