Trigger Process via Trigger

Hello everyone,
I’m trying to trigger a process, problem here is after the trigger the process doesent work. Starting the same process manually in the Studio works perfectly fine. Anyone having the same issue or tipps regarding this?

Thank you

1 Like

Hey @Niko_Don-Ho

Any error screenshot please…

Or Could you please describe more on the issue…

Thanks
#nK

Hi @Niko_Don-Ho ,

Could you check couple of below things. thanks.

1. Did you assign robot while creating trigger in orchestrator.

2. if you already assigned robot please make sure that you assigned un attended license.

1 Like

Hi @kirankumar.mahanthi1 thank you for answering, I did assign a robot. The robot is a non productive one. The thing about the workflow is, we will save an email attachement. Manually triggering the flow works perfectly fine, as soon as we try to trigger it with a timer via ochestrator, the workflow won’t work anymore. Error no data found.

Hi @Nithinkrishna thank you for helping. The issue is manually starting the workflow works perfectly fine, using a trigger from orchestrator does not. What we are doing is saving a email attachemt. I think triggering the bot from ochestrator doesent save the attachement. Error message is: “No data found.”

1 Like

Hey @Niko_Don-Ho

When the trigger based job runs, just pls check is it running in the same bot env as expected.

Thanks
#nK

@Nithinkrishna yeah it is. “RemoteException wrapping System.Activities.Statements.WorkflowTerminatedException: no data found.” is the message I received.

1 Like

Is it possible to show your code for troubleshooting ?

#nK

Ok we are using non production robot so for testing we can do it in un attended mode. Could you check whether you installed robot in service mode or user mode. To run any process un attended we would need to install bot in service mode. If you are installing the bod with Uipath MSI installer by default bot will come with service mode.

And also wanted to understand trigger doesn’t work means what is happening in orchestrator how do you find it is not working any message in the orchestrator or job faulted.

If job faulted in orchestrator check logs why it got faulted to troubleshoot further. Thanks.

2 Likes

The Trigger does work. Otherwise I wouldnt know the process is not executed the right way. I know that the job faulted because the attachement will not be saved. At this point I dont understand why, because manualy starting the process in studio does work.

Ok trigger is working. If job is faulted could you pls check the faulted job logs in orchestrator and see what is the error you are receiving. Please share the exception details so that we would debug further and also make sure your robot running in service mode. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hey @kirankumar.mahanthi1 thank you for helping me to debug and narrowing down the possible bugs. I found out that the attachement will not be saved correctly somehow when the job is triggered in comparison to manually starting the job in studio. What I did is adding the complete file path in the “save attachement” function and now it works!

Thank you @kirankumar.mahanthi1 and @Nithinkrishna for helping me out!

1 Like

Even though the Job works now, I am curios why there is different bevaviour when starting from studio in comparison to trigger it via orchestrator.

Super glad to hear that you are able to resolve. Nice connecting with you @Niko_Don-Ho

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.