To start a Uipath job on Cmd line

Hi Team,

We have Uipath enterprise edition, So whenever we try to execute a job on command line as: “UiPath.Assistant execute -p C:\Main.xaml” or with the package name, it just leaves the uipath assistant window openand nothing happens. So my question is am i doing anything wrong or the cmd line uipath job execution is only for Community edition using Uirobot.exe ?

Hi,

Regardless of edition, we can run process or xaml file using UiRobot.exe . Please see the following document.

Regards,

Hi @KiranP, hope you’re doing well!

You need to use -f if you’re specifying a file, please see Arguments Description for more.

If you want to see the logs of the execution of the process, the default location is %localappdata%\UiPath\Logs<shortdate>_Execution The format for <shortdate> is yyyy-mm-dd .
i.e:

You can find more on logs here.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

-Lisa

1 Like

Thanks Lisa, tried to follow the instructions in the Arguments Description (uipath.com) link but they all just opens the Uipath assistant and still no process running after

Is the type of robot matters? I am running with studio license.

Thanks,
Kiran

Also i don’t find Uipath robot.exe, instead “UiPath.Assistant.exe execute -p Test”. as we have the enterprise edition.

Hi,

Can you try to run UiRobot.exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio?
(If you use the latest version, it might be at C:\Program Files\UiPath\Studio.)

Regards,

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.