Timeout with Get Outlook Mail Messages

Hello,

I’m using Get Outlook Mail Messages to retrieve email from an inbox.

In the last few days, I was handling a little bit more email than usual.

And sometimes I am encountering timeout on this activity. The timeout occurs when there is more than 130 mails in the inbox.

The timeout is set by default on it (30 sec.).

My first question is: is there any limitation for this activity on the number of email it can handle?

For the moment, as a workaround, I’m limiting with the “Top” option.

But I’m considering increasing the timeout for this activity. If this a good practice?

Thank you

Set the “TimeoutMS” value to something greater than 30000. The needed value depends on the number of emails that are being retrieved. Try increasing the value by 30000 each time until the error message goes away.

Reduce the number in the “Top” property. For example, if it is set to “130” try lowering that value. This might require re-working the automation. For example, if the Robot needs to retrieve 130 emails, but it can only retrieve for example 50 emails before hitting the timeout, there will need to be logic in the automation that helps the Robot loop threw the emails until they are all read.

Let us know if this helped.

It should also be mentioned that mails with many attachments take longer to be recognized by Get Outlook Mail Messages activity.

I had the case today that a mail had to be read that had over 20 attachments. for this one mail the activity alone had already taken more than a minute.

it took me quite a bit of time to figure out the problem, since the triggers and processes used had been running without errors for months

hope it will help someone in the future.

Allright, thank you for the informations and your solutions. I will try this.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.