The partner returned a bad sign-in name or password error. For more information, see Federation Error-handling Scenarios

When i try to download file i’m getting this error need help to resolve this.
“The partner returned a bad sign-in name or password error. For more information, see Federation Error-handling Scenarios.”

It’s not clear how you are receiving this error. Could you please provide more context. Are you attempting to download a file form a website? If so what website and activity are you using?

I am going to guess he is using this activity package:

There is a sharepoint application scope that functions like the excel application scope.

I am experiencing the same errors. I have confirmed I am using the correct creds as I can log in to the same sharepoint site with those creds. I have used 2 different accounts both with the same results. I do wonder if MFA is the issue.

1 Like

@Josh_Haggin Welcome to Uipath Community
Yes I’m using sharepoint activity and MFA is present , also disable or it just bypass as when i loging using regular browser i can window coming up but it just goes away automatic after a while

1 Like

Can kindly share how to bypass MFA if the same issue encounter here when suing sharepoint app scope?

Regards,
Victor

Hi I am facing the same issue, while trying to upload an excel file into the sharepoint location.
Source: Upload file

Message: The partner returned a bad sign-in name or password error. For more information, see Federation Error-handling Scenarios.

Wondering if anyone is able to get-around this issue?

How’s your share point hosted ?

Thank You!

I believe its on Office 365 - how does it matter ?

Just get details from share point admin for o365 then it will be an easy task.

Thank You!

Thanks for the suggestion. What details should I ask for? So I know I have all that I need. Is any configuration required to be done by sharepoint admin ? I am already able to access the sharepoint and upload files manually using browser and am using the same user name and password in the activity as well

hi asuthram,

if you are facing issue using sharepoint activities,use pacakage version 1.3.0 (lowest applicable version) , this version works perfectly good , i have also faced the exact error when i am using higher versions othen than this version. if you are able to upload & delete files by using your credentials , you can use the credentials for the same for uploading files via robot.

I am using UiPathTeam.SharePoint.Activities 1.3.0. I am still thrown the bad signin error.

are you using strict or lowest applicable version

if you are uploading files can you try uploading files in another test folder like create another test folder test123 and upload files in it