When starting Studio the following error is thrown" ERROR: The installed versions of Studio and Robot do not match. Please restart your machine and try again. "
Issue Overview: When starting Studio sometimes the following error is thrown, " The installed versions of Studio and Robot do not match. Please restart your machine and try again."
Root Cause: This error occurs when both the community and enterprise version of the Robot is installed.
Resolution: To resolve this problem, uninstall both versions and then reinstall the enterprise version. Both community and enterprise versions should not be installed at the same time.
- Open “Add or Remove Programs” by search in the Windows Search bar
- In the “Search this list” field, type in UiPath
- Remove both version of Studio, by clicking each icon and selecting “Uninstall”
- After both versions have been uninstalled, download the correct version of Studio version
- If needed, create a cloud account
- After logging in, go to the “Resource Center” tab on the left side of the browser window
- Select Download Enterprise
- Install Studio. If needed, see Studio version in the installation guide.