Text to Column

Hi guys, I have a text file with thousands of data. I wanted to copy the data into excel file and split the data into multiple column (dynamic) depends on the delimiter which is comma (,) without using hotkeys.

I managed to do the read text file and paste it inside excel for every row in one column only. Now I’m stuck with split that column A into multiple column by using delimiter comma(,) and the columns should not be fixed since it depends on the data after the splitting.

Hi,

Did you try Read CSV or Generate DataTable acttivity?
It might be effective in this case.

Regards,

I did try using read csv but it doesn’t work. Previously, I did read CSV with delimiter and write into excel. But the data remain the same. So I try a different way, but still other error appear.

My error: Add Data Row - dtnew: Input array is longer than the number of columns in this table.

This workflow would be useful
CreatExcel.zip (2.5 KB)

Hi,

Can you try Generate DataTable Activity?

Regards,

Thank you so much!!
I’ve been thinking in a complicated way and you provide me a simpler way and it works. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah I need to use generate data table for it to works. Thank you for your assistance.

1 Like

you are welcome… :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.