currently there’s no option to assign a test result in Test Manager to an already existing defect in Jira. This would be helpful for the following scenario:
- A tester executes a test.
- This test fails.
- The tester creates a defect in Jira.
- The tester assign this defect to a developer.
- The developer then starts fixing this defect.
- The developer then claims that this defect has been fixed.
- The developer assigns this defect back to the tester.
- The tester then executes the same test again.
- The test fails again.
In this scenario, the tester wouldn’t create a new defect but rather change the status of the defect in Jira, add the required information in a comment, and assign the defect back to the developer.
Therefore, it would be great if Test Manager enables the tester to assign a test result to an already existing defect. The log of the test result could be added to a comment of the defect in Jira.