We use EHLLAPI Enhanced mode to automate IBM Personal Communications (TN3270)
In initialization we open IBM P-COMM profile and then create new Terminal Session using default Connection string outputting Terminal.Connection variable
In following workflows for Terminal Sessions we attach to existing Connection using the variable.
The problem is during step 1) terminal screen size is setup based on the current Terminal screen (Login screen resolution is 24x80), after login screen resolution changes to 32x80. But In uipath “terminal host” screen size is not refreshed resulting rows below 25 - 32 are not visible for UIPAth activities.
Activity Move Cursor to blind area (eg 27x40) works, but text activities are failing - get screen text(return only 24 rows), set field value (filed not found).
If we Login manually and navigate to another screen with 32x80 resolution and then create terminal session (step1) It is working fine. It means, screen area is defined during that step and not refreshed anymore.
Is there any method for Terminal.Connection object, we can refresh the resolution, or any atributes we can change?
I tried the above and I configured my terminal connection to the settings I always use, but I receive a NullReferenceExeption stating that the expression with property ‘size’ cannot be created because the target object is null.
I copied your solution and I configured the terminal connections, what else can I do to solve this?
For terminal activities - if you need to output terminal connection - there must be at least one activity in the sequence - e.g. - Send Control key (TAB), then TerminalConnection is created after TerminalSession Block is processed.
Thanks very much for the solution it works! But there is some issue. Invoke Method:ScreenChanged somehow interrupts workflow… It has to be last thing in the workflow, any activities after are ignored. E.g. If you put Write Line activity just after this invoke, it is ignored, even there is no error. This can be easily workaround, but it bit strange.
Hey just a quick update in case anybody else in the future encounters the same problem: we had a call with UiPath yesterday in order to solve the problem, they pointed out the cause of the issue but they cannot solve it because we have to change the default settings within our firm.
I just wanted to let you know that we solved the problem: we use 3 terminal connections now, we added a third connection to the example of Silviu. In the second connection we just set a disabled sequence (when it’s enabled the flow doesn’t work), for us all problems regarding the screensize are completely solved.