Why is UiPath Task Capture throwing "Error invoking remote method 'fs:open-file': Can't find end of central directory" error when opening a saved file?
When opening a saved file of Task Capture, it fails to open the file with an error "Can't find the end of central directory".
To troubleshoot the issue validate the below recommendations:
- Make sure that the file being opened is not in a zip file
- Make sure that the file being opened is not in a shared drive with restricted/limited access
- Make sure that the file being opened is not encrypted
- If the issue is specific to a single file then, note that is could be an issue with the backward compatibility. Upgrading to version 2021.10.1 or higher as it is observed to be a bug in older versions ( Refer To Release Notes 2021.20.1 )
If the issue still remains even after performing the above recommendations, then open a Ticket to UiPath Support and share the below Logs from Task Capture Machine(replicate the issue again):
- %appdata%\Task Capture\Logs
- Application Event Viewer logs
- Go to Start > Run > eventvwr.
- Right-click Windows Logs -> Application and select Save All Event as.
- Save the log in the evtx format and share it.