Take screenshot results in "Save Image: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I’m troubleshooting a problem, and want to use a screenshot to check if I have resolution issues. The attached workflow works when run from Studio, but when I run it from Orchestrator it gives the “Save Image: Object reference not set to an instance of an object”-error. Any ideas?

Main.xaml (4.9 KB)

Is the user being used to run this from Orchestrator have a logon session? If so, you might try signing the user off first, then try again. I have gotten this error a few times, but seems intermittent and usually has to do with the user’s session is corrupt.

I am curious too if there is a proven reason for receiving this.

Let me know if signing off the user helped or not.
EDIT: to sign off user in RDP connection, press Ctrl+Alt+End, or from Task Manager as an Admin account

3 Likes

Tried signing out, and then signing in again (on the VM) like you said, and that seems to have fixed it, because it’s working now. Thanks a bunch!

2 Likes

Bleh. I was wrong. It worked once and now I’m back to having the same issue.

Introduce some delay between Take Screenshot Activity and Save Image around 2 or 3 Seconds.

I added a delay like this:

I also made some adjustments so if the Save Screenshot errors, it will Log it correctly rather than just say it saved it - Note: I have Save screenshot’s ContinueOnError poperty set to True, so it won’t stop a process from running.

Also, make sure this is in a shared workflow snippet that you can invoke :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully, this helps us both out!

Regards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.