Sync 3 folders on PC

@Rupendankhara

Yes it has one option like over write. If you check that one then it will replace the file if already exists in destination folder.

https://activities.uipath.com/docs/copy-file

Sounds good, i have cheked it. As it is the program will only process 1 file right. Not all the file from the directory? How do we do that. I would think of FOR EACH activity.

1 Like

I got this error, do you know a way to solve it. @lakshman

For that, just leave empty FileName in File Change Trigger to catch all changes inside folder

Check File Permissions.

@Rupendankhara

StrFiles [ ] = Directory.GetFiles(“FolderPath”,“*.doc”)

Above expression will read all word files from particular folder and will give output as Array of String. Then use For Each loop to iterate that files inside use Copy File Activity to copy file.

1 Like

This the error, if i go your suggested path.

You are skipping File Extension I guess. Use Fullpath to Copy/Move Files

Ya, i have put nothing of that sort so what to add?

This will resolver all your questions I guess
Change folder as you need
Test.xaml (6.5 KB)

Why don’t you use a dedicated sync tool for this?

@c.ciprian. because it might not work with google drive folder, network drives and also i these will be a staging lesson for my ultimate aim, to automatically update it in a online software.

@asesor-rpa Please help if you can. That’s the only error I am getting.
Uipath-%20Sync%20Folders%20-%20Error

It’s related with Permissions over folder. Make sure account has permissions. Check if you need full control or read/write access. Try with other folders to discard other kind of exception.

Its Working with other folder, this is our companies drive, but I can read /write files in it. Don’t know what this error is pointing out.

I guess you’re using Google Drive FS or Google Drive Sync. It can interfer with read/write actions. Try disabling it or accesing directly to shared location.

I did’nt get you. Disable from were. Please can you elaborate.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.