Studio Community Edition - AWS Workspaces

I am unable to activate Studio Community Edition in AWS Workspaces. I have seen other forum post regarding this problem but they had no resolution. The install is in a new AWS Workspace that has had no prior instances of UiPath Studio nor robots installed. Further the computer in which I am access AWS Workspaces has had no prior installations of UiPath. But I receive the error message of - “Cannot use Community Edition on this machine after activating a trail or Enterprise license code. Please enter a valid license key. License status: Device ID is already activated.” Which is obviously a false message on a virtual machine that was just spun up.

In other discussions regarding these challenges others have said they do not have this problem in Azure. Prior to moving off preferred platform of AWS - wanted to seek the advice of UiPath reps. Is this a known issue and is it not possible to install Community Edition in an AWS Workspace?

Installer(.exe or .msi): .exe

License type(Free, Trial/License code): Community Edition

Studio/Robot version: Studio - 2018.4.1

Current behavior: Licensing error in AWS Workspaces

Screenshot:

1 Like

From my understanding, when you activate Studio you are registered the Device ID / Computer name with UiPath’s servers. As the description implies, once a trail or Enterprise license code has been activated, community edition is not longer usable.

I recall seeing on the forums or support contact somewhere that you can submit a ticket/request to have your particular machine ID removed from their Servers in order to release it and allow Community to be used again.

I haven’t used AWS Workspaces before (Something like the EC2 instances?), but I imagine at some point there is going to be a Device ID / Computer name conflict as you or someone else has previously received that same ID/Name when turning up an instance if you’re allowing Amazon to generate the instance configuration.

Hi @scott_carruthers

See here for a workaround.

As pointed by @codemonkee, it happens indeed due to Device ID already being used on another VM.

Another workaround would be to find a VM instance with an unused Device ID.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.