Storing Credentials - all possible ways

Hello,
I was wondering, are there any other secure ways (by that I mean 1st - the solution to be only for storing credentials; 2nd - I don’t want to store passwords that are not secured, I want it to be ***, not “123”) to store credentials, except storing in:

1. assets in Orchestrator;
  2. Windows Credentials;
  3. Using Add Credentials activity in Studio;
  4. Key Vault / CyberArk Store?

I saw something about Oracle Credential Store but could not find any consistent information about how it is used in UiPath. If anyone of you can provide info, that would be great!

Please, tell me, are there any other ways to store credentials?

Regards,
Yoana
:slight_smile:

Let me add something from my side :wink:
5. Storage Bucket in Orchestrator using encryption.
6. Using some dedicated libraries KeePass
7. Azure Key Vault

1 Like

Thank you @Pablito for the answer!

And what do you think, which is the best way to store credentials if you are using attended robot and you should not use Orchestrator?

For me, if you are running attended bots, then you should trust your user and go with Windows Credential manager, since it is the easiest and cheaper way, and still secure enough…

Find the below ways to store the passwords ,

Using assets in Orchestrator
Using Windows Credentials
Using Variables
Using Config File
Using Arguments

Yes, I agree and this is how the process is right now.
But the idea is not to annoy the user to write, let’s say every time 5 different usernames and passwords (because we have 5 different users for the system), but the robot to get (read) them and login by itself.

Having this what you said and the fact that I’m sceptic and I don’t like to give users “the power” of having password :smiley: I would save them for example in file (can be even txt) but with encrypted form. So your logon automation could grab this txt and having decryption code could write it without user’s interaction and log him in.

Keeping everything, even encrypted password inside the project might cause potential leak. In my “solution” (I wouldn’t call it the best practice) you have passwords separated from the project so somebody who would like to cheat it somehow would need two pieces to achieve it :smiley:

Yes, storing in a file was one of the ideas. Also, thought about storing in .properties file (please, do not ask me why, just accept it :smiley: ) but I am not sure if I can read (and how to read) this kind of files in UiPath. I think the activity Read Text File might be useful or just to use Invoke Code with let’s say some C# code in it. What do you think?

Invoke code and C# sounds better to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the answer!
Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just another to the list: Thycotic Secret Server

We did try to get this working, but Thycotic has a very confusing licesning regime, and it required us to upgrade to a platinum subscription, which clearly was not within our budget. If an organization already has this subscription, it would be a safe integration.

1 Like

@ydimitrova,
Another nice way for credential storing I found on the forum.

Congrats to @urvesh.mistry
2 Likes