Stop robot

Hello friends…need your help
How can I stop Robot from executing further steps if it falls under ELSE condition of IF-ELSE activity,I mean to say if condition is false,so i need to stop Robot here only??

2 Likes

@monishankar

You can do this either using Try Catch block activity or Terminate Workflow activity.

If you use Try catch then any exception occurs then it will come to catch block and here you put one log message activity to print the error.

2 Likes

But Terminate Workflow throwing Runtime Exception,which i don’t want.I need to stop the bot at that point without any error or exception…

2 Likes

@monishankar

Have you tried with Try Catch Block activity ? If not then do it.

1 Like

Do you mean to say inside Catch block i have to write Terminate Workflow ??

1 Like

@monishankar

No. Put entire process in Try Catch block. If any exception occurs in Try part then it will come to Catch block. Here, You just put one Log Message activity to print the error message.

1 Like

Could not able to open ur Robot asking for License etc etc.

1 Like

@monishankar

Try this one and let me know if you face any issues.

1 Like

Hello @monishankar ,

Put whole process into the Try Catch Block,

Use your If condition where you want. Put the ‘Throw Exception’ activity use the New BusinessRuleException(“Your Error Message”) in the Exception property). In the catch block select the Exception Type as BusinessRuleException and in the body leave it blank or put the log messages if you want.

TanQ,
Michael Udhaya

1 Like

See bro ,my actual robot,here u can see if(Sequence) inside that IF-ELSE activity is available,
So inside that, condition is false means ELSE part will be executed and i need to stop Robot there exactly…after come-out from if(sequence) i don’t want ipay login, datascrapping as u can see in image…hope u will understand my point…

1 Like

@monishankar

You have to follow these steps to do this.

1. use Try Catch block activity and put entire process in Try block.

In Else, use Throw activity to throw exception. Then directly it will skip all next steps and will come to Catch block. Here, you just put one Log Message activity to print the exception.

Please find the attached workflow for your reference.

Flowchart.xaml (10.0 KB)

2 Likes

I am using exactly as you are saying…but getting Run time error

2 Likes

@monishankar

Could you please take screenshots of your process and show me here. If it is confidential then share me personal. Will check and let you know.

2 Likes

This could help you buddy for sure @monishankar

Or kindly revert for any queries or clarification
Cheers @monishankar

1 Like

Fine… @monishankar
here you go buddy
try with this
moni.zip (2.7 KB)
Cheers @monishankar

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.