Start Job and Get Reference Job arguments

Hi,

I want to use Start Job and get reference activity for running two processes (test1_env and test2_env). test1_env has an output argument (out_testdata), that should be passed as input to test2_env (in_testdata). I am trying to use the built job arguments for in the Start Job and get refence activity and pass the data in my Main workflow (MainOrchestrationProcess). However, I am getting null values on my main workflow. Please help me on this.

1 Like

@uipath

1 Like

Hi @Riomel_Martos,

Is your UiPath Studio connected to UiPath Orchestrator?

Does your UiPath Robot have necessary permissions?

“Invokes a Job in Orchestrator with arguments and fetches the corresponding job object in order to wait for job completion at any time during the execution of the workflow. If your workflow uses this activity to invoke another workflow, the Robot has to be connected to Orchestrator, and the Robot role needs to also have View on Processes and Environments, and View , Edit , Create on Jobs. The activity runs under the Robot that executes it.”"

Yes it is connected. It shows no error, it’s just don’t fetch the input/output data on the variables from the processes.

1 Like

Process1 is just a simple assign with out argument
Process2 is just a simple conversion and addition

1 Like

Hi @Riomel_Martos,

Got it…

Are you sure that they are really executed?

Insert an activity to create a Windows folder with different names (ProcessA and ProcessB) in each one of this processes just to test it.

Yes, it is executing. I can get the output of the out_arguments by inserting Logs. Is it expected to work like invoke workflow (import arguments)? currently, i’m just assuming as it is.

1 Like

@uipath
Hello, anyone can help me? I just want to start two consecutive processes, with the output of process 1 as input to process 2.

1 Like

Hi @Riomel_Martos,

As I understood, after your “Start Job and Get Reference” activity, you need to use a “Wait for Job and Resume” activity.

It will pause your workflow execution and proceed only when the job finishes. Then, you will have the values. Otherwise, they be null, because Job’s execution didn’t even end.

To link these activities… now you need to store the output Job Object from “Start Job and Get Reference” activity in a variable, and inform it as input in the “Wait for Job and Resume” activity.

You should use this activity after your first job, and after the second one as well.

Let me know if it works.

1 Like

It worked :smiley: But on my workflow, you need all arguments as Input/Output in the mainwork flow to pass the data from 1 process to another. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Riomel_Martos,

Glad it helped you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.