Split one CSV Column into each column

Hey,

i have one CSV and all the data is in the column A. How do i separate every String in one column. I need this because I want to go through all lines in a for each loop but only need a specific column in a line.

ID;“Firstname”;“Lastname”;“status”;“eMail”;“Number”

Hi,

I assume you tried inserting the csv data into Excel and that’s why you are talking about column A?
Forget column A, forget Excel! We don’t need that for csv - here’s how it’s done:

• use a Read CSV activity
  • configure the activity with filepath, Output-DataTable-Variable and most importantly: Delimiter (in your case that’s a semicolon ( ; )
  • there are options for encoding ( got any umlauts? äöüß? ); AddHeaders (looks like you got some) and RemovingQuotes (those can mess up your values sometimes)

Aaaand that’s basically it, you can use the output datatable like you would use any other datatable - write range to excel/ remove all but one column / loop through each row / filter for specific values etc.

Happy Automating

Hey, sorry for the late reply. Thanks in advance. I have already implemented it as you wrote it. The only problem is that my csv outputs the string (ID; “Firstname”; “Lastname”; “status”; “eMail”; “Number”) completely as a single string: 1; “Crusha“; “Crush“; “ 1 “;” xyz@zyx.com “;” + 123 "

But I only need my name from the single string, for example Crusha e.g.
For example, to only get to my name now, I would have to filter it via regex

Hey, no worries!

If you have that DataTable like I wrote it, just use a For Each Row activity and retrieve the value for your column “Firstname” by using row("Firstname").ToString. You could even check it with an If activity

And there you have your name. Good?