Simple Chrome selector didn't work on another computer?

Hello,

I want to automate activities taking place on a chrome browser. The “Attach Browser” activity realized on my studio and running on another computer works with the following selector :

<html app='chrome.exe' title='* | LinkedIn' />

However, this selector does not work on a friend’s computer, it does not find the internet browser. It is however Chrome, up to date, with the UiPath extension. When you make an attach browser it has the following selector:

<wnd app='chrome.exe' cls='Chrome_WidgetWin_1' title='* | LinkedIn - Google Chrome' />
<wnd cls='Intermediate D3D Window' />

Its selector is a “wnd” and not an “html”, moreover cls attributes are present in addition. What is this due to ? How can I make my process run globally on any kind of environment ?

Note: My friend is using a Microsoft Surface tablet. I use a Windows desktop and a laptop also with Windows.

Regards.

Hi @Maxime_Bonis

it looks like the scope is different. If you see wnd you are in WindowsApp Scope…if you see html you are in Browser scope.
There could be several reason, e.g.:
Not activated Chrome Extension in Studio?
Usage of wrong framework during identification of the selector?

Not activated Chrome Extension in Studio?

As I said he have UiPath extension on Chrome. So he has to have the extension on the studio, right? Moreover, he just needs to run the robot with Chrome, not necessarily to edit it.

Usage of wrong framework during identification of the selector?

I didn’t understand this sentence. Can you explain me ?