Set Field at Position : Set Field at Position: Terminal error: Error

Hi All,

Good Day!

I was trying to automate mainframe application. While doing so in studio there was no error found. However while running, Set Field At position activity throws an error which says “Set Field at Position: Terminal error: Error”. In mainframe app the cursor position was Row 17, col 022. While providing these values in to activity properties uipath takes 22 instead of 022.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Jennish

Hi @gurumayum.sharma,
Which version of Terminal package do you have? Is the same happening with the newer version?

Hi @Pablito ,
Thanks for the quick response. I m using UiPath.Terminal.Acitivities v1.3.4. Any idea what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Can you specify which provider you are using in your Terminal Session connection? If you press “Configure Connection”, it’s the value of the first field in the form that opens.

I would suggest upgrading to version 2.1.0 of the Terminal Activities package. It has many improvements and bugfixes.

Hi @bogdan.gaspar ,

Thanks for the response. I am using Rocket BlueZone service provider.

And for UiPath.Terminal.Activies Package I don’t see version 2.1.0

I m using Studio version 20.19.10.4
How to get the latest UiPath.Terminal.Activities Package version 2.1.0?
Thanks,
Jennish

The package is in the official feed. If you go to Manage Packages - Settings and check “Official”, you should be able to see it.

But because you use the Bluezone provider it’s unlikely your problem is solved by the package alone. There are no changes to this provider in the latest versions.

You should be able to see a more descriptive error in Event Viewer, Windows Logs, Application, one or more entries with source = UiPath.
Please paste a screenshot of that error here.

1 Like

Hi @bogdan.gaspar ,

Thanks, I was able to get the UiPath.Terminal.Activities latest version. Please refer the below screenshots from the event viewer.

However, the same error still persist after the package update.
Thanks,
Jennish

Hi @gurumayum.sharma,

It seems that you are using a version of Rocket BlueZone emulator that is not compatible with our Bluzone provider.

I would suggest using the Direct Connection provider, which does not require any 3rd party emulator (like Bluezone) or the EHLL provider that works with BlueZone (use the C:\Program Files (x86)\BlueZone\6.2\eehllapi.dll in the connection).

Bogdan

1 Like

Hi @bogdan.gaspar ,

Good Day!
Sorry for the inconvenience.
But In my case I found the dll file at this location “C:\Users\Jennish\AppData\Local\Temp\BlueZone\eehllapi.dll”. So I tried something like this in the Terminal configuration

I m not sure what to give for the remaining fields.

Regards,
Jennish

Hi @gurumayum.sharma,

The DLL is supposed to be used with the “IBM EHLLAPI” provider. In your screenshot, you are using the Direct Connection provider.

The configuration for EHLLAPI should look something like this:
where you replace the DLL with the path to eehllapi.dll on your system.

Once you do that and BlueZone is running and connected to the host system, you can test the connection by pressing the “Start recorder” button. If the connection is successful, you should see the screen in BlueZone replicated in the recorder window.

If you want to use the “Direct Connection” provider, you need to specify the connection properties. These connection properties would have similar names to the connection properties in BlueZone. So you should try to replicate the properties from BlueZone into the Direct Connection.

Thanks @bogdan.gaspar It works fine now. All Terminal activities are working as expected. :+1:

Glad to hear it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.