Sending ctrl + f hot key in web page and finding number of occurrences

Hi,
i want to search multiple words in web page using hot key(Ctrl+f) and find whether that word exist or not and get the number of occurrences of word…

Get text and Get full Text will not work . Because this is popup , not able to to get Extract selector.

Kindly provide solution for this.

I would suggest use IE. A Sample :point_right: SearchandGetCountfromPage.xaml (10.3 KB)

1 Like

I agree with @nadim.warsi in use IE… but if it isnt a option try using Get OCR Text Activity… Indicate that X/X… Maybe it work…
My chrome has some issue with UiPath extension and I cannot test it now… Give it a try…

1 Like

I tried it but the x/x value is not identified by OCR(both Microsoft and Google):nerd_face:
@PoorGuy Do give it shot as well if IE is not an option. Ill try and see if there is a solution for it.

@nadim.warsi :I want to find double empty space in page. eg : " " .

In IE its showing more then 100 matches which is not similar compare with chrome . Chrome its shows 2 matches .

So IE not able to use . Tried in Fire Fox also but same problem .

That’s a good catch.

However for me its the opposite.
I get more results in chrome(when i search the forum page) than in IE

Chrome
IE

Kindly provide solution . Am struggling last 2 days.

Working on it @PoorGuy will update you

1 Like

Just a suggestion… can we try to get whole HTML content of the webpage in a string variable and use regular expression to find the count of particular word in that string?

Actually , the search box is not part of the HTML structure. Its part of the window which the UI Explorer cannot recognize.

Purpose of search box is to find the text in the webpage. So my suggestion is to get the whole html text of the webpage and find the search item in it.

I want to find double space in page . eg : Ctrl + F , Type this : " " …

But as per your statement i can’t get this above result

What @palindrome states is scrape you html page and then what you have is a string and you count " ".
A workaround to achieve your case, bit actually automating.

@PoorGuy
Check it out :point_right:SearchandGetCountfromPage.xaml (8.2 KB)

Activities:

1. Find Image: indicate the area, u get a image uielement
  2. Get OCR Text: pass uielement from above as input
  3. Split result after ‘/’ you have your count

Voila! output is the number of occurrences

Did it solve your requirement? :thinking:

Thanks @nadim.warsi . Am getting this error . Kindly d=find the screen shot .

i have not done the ctrl-f part can you add that and then try

You can use Type Into for looking for each word then Use Image Exist for check if its exists or not.

Hotkey will not work in Internet Explorer, Try click method , Go to right side click > on Settings> File > Find Image.

Hope this resolve your Issue.

@nadim.warsi Use Get OCR Text ,That will resolve your problem …

Use OCR-Tessaract