Send smtp mail not working

hi guys…I’m getting this error …any idea?

before was working fine …but now I guess that is because the new version …

here I found the solution … Send SMTP mail message gets an invalid certificate error after updating to Mail activity 1.1.6562.21018

Thanks for the solution. it worked.

Hi @Adityan @Aditya1,

i am using Smtp Mail control to send a mail

in Secure connection :there are several options are: Auto, None, SsIOnconnect, StarTIs, StarTIswhen Available 5 options which one i need to use ?

then SSL and TLS you are saying in properties not available

in port : we need to give this no 587 or 465

Hi, below is my error
could you please help me out

"Main has thrown an exception

Message: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found

Source: Send SMTP Mail Message

Exception Type: SocketException

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.SendMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)"

Go to Setting of gmal from you ae sending emal ,securtty section,allow less secure app option ON by default it is off

1. List item

Have you got Solution ?

Use “Secure Connection” As None

error
anyone know what error is this

2 Likes

Hi @Nanyang_Polytechnic

If it is about gmail, see this post:

Also, check out our Google activity pack on Go! :slight_smile:
https://go.uipath.com/component/google-gsuite

HI @Nanyang_Polytechnic did you solve this SMTP issue. If it is solved please update me how to solve.

Regards,
@robby.ram

Can you check this post if you are using gmail: SMTP Activity Error - #2 by HareeshMR

check the port number and check the server details

i had the same issue i just turned off my anti virus

:slight_smile: hope it helps

1 Like

I have same issue can anyone help what i am doing wrong ?

try turning off the antivirus. i remember mine was not working when kaspersky was on

1 Like

seendi thanks, i was struggling to fix this, i did all correctly but was not working. Now after turning off antivirus it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi bro,

I am working on SMTP mail in Uipath software as well.

I encountered the following error.

Send SMTP Mail Message: 535: 5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at
5.7.8 Check Gmail through other email platforms - Gmail Help m18sm7820452qkg.77 - gsmtp

How to correct this one?
Please advise.

Hi @rkiran0307

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Please see here, might help:

Hello , How did you solved this problem please?

best regards