Send Outlook Mail Message: Operation Aborted COMException

I am sending mail using Send Outlook Mail Message Activity and getting this error.

I have enter the details for outlook .Please help!!

2 Likes

Hello, I have the same issue. Can we please have a response if it had been resolved ?

Hello.

Hi have the same issue as well!
In my case, the “Get Outlook Mail Message” activity is working perfectly.
Also if in the “Send Outlook Mail Message” activity I select the option “isDraft” it also works.

Thanks in advance.

From all the 3 cases, it looks like a security issue sending emails from a 3rd party application.

Did you check if firewall and/or antivirus is blocking?

thank you very much!

I also think that can be the problem. The thing is: the machine I am using is controlled by the company and I can’t really change those kinds of things. Do you suggest any workaround?

dear @vvaidya, I also encounter the same “get outlook mail msg” exception as well. may I know if we should first configure the login details in Outlook account? thanks~

Please check with your IT Team. This can be something related to Group Policy.

Our Client’s IT team has provided exception to Bot VDIs from standard GPO. So that 3rd party application can send email via Outlook.

Does anyone know which service is used by Send Outlook Mail Message activity to send emails. I am able to send out emails from Blue Prism, but I am getting this error when I am trying from UiPath. I am using EWS in Blue Prism to send emails.

Exception -
Main has thrown an exception

Message: Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))

Source: Send Outlook Mail Message

Exception Type: COMException

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004004): Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.SendMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Hi @nikeneel @sugandha_agarwal

I have same issue, have you solved this problem, thanks

For me the client’s IT resolved this issue by changing the group policy of the VDI.

I am also facing same issue, can you please let me know which group policy need to change in order to get it working?

Thank you in advance

Outlook group policy. check with your IT team, they must be know how to fix it.

1 Like

Please change the Group Policy to VDI and it will work

1 Like

I found a solution that works at my company. If i place a “Get Outlook Mail Message” right before calling a “Send Outlook Mail Message” this error stops occurring. I don’t know why this works though.

2 Likes