Send Outlook Email using Integration Services

Hi,
I’ve been working on an automation involving Microsoft Outlook and Integration Services. I have the Outlook connector all set up in Orchestrator, and am able to connect to the connector in Studio as well. I am trying to send an email using the UiPath.microsoftoffice365.activities.mail.sendmailconnections, and I get no error when running the process. But the Outlook account from which I’m sending the email from gets an error email saying: Your message wasn’t delivered because the recipient’s email provider rejected it.
I am using a valid email address in the To field, have it declared in a string List, and am able to send mail from the account manually without problem. It is just not sending via UiPath. I should note that Integration Service triggers using the same Outlook account connection work fine.

See my activity here:

Hi @elschmidt

Try this

In Properties “To” Must be “String” Not a String[].
If you want to send mail to multiple people then it should be comma separated.

Hope this might help you :slight_smile:

hi @Pavanraj_Shetty , thank you for your quick response!

Unfortunately when I use a String I get an error… it says it is expecting IEnumerable string type

Hi @elschmidt

Try this

Make sure that Mail it will be placed inside Curly bracket like this {“Mail id”}

Hope this might help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, to clarify I am using the Send Mail activity from the Microsoft 365 package that utilizes Integration Services and does not rely on a Microsoft Office 365 Scope activity. I think the activity in your example is a slightly different one. I just noticed that the package I am using is a ‘Prerelease’ so that is probably why it is not working as expected.

Hi @elschmidt

I think it is better to use this package

Yes, UiPath supports the use of pre-release packages. Pre-release packages are packages that have been published to a package feed but have not yet been officially released. These packages are often made available for testing purposes or to provide early access to new features.

To use pre-release packages in UiPath, you can add the package feed URL that contains the pre-release packages to the Package Manager in UiPath Studio. Once the feed is added, you can browse the available packages, including pre-release packages, and install them as you would with any other package.

It’s important to note that pre-release packages may contain bugs or be subject to change before their official release, so they should be used with caution and only in non-production environments.

Hope this might helpful.

Thank you for the context, I’ll use a different non-prerelease package then.

I was able to solve my issue though however; the problem was occurring on the Microsoft side. I was using a trial MS tenant for this POC and when trying to send via a third party app (UiPath) I got a bounce back email with error code 5.7.708, access denied from IP address. I had to have Microsoft Support grant access in the tenant to low reputation IP addresses to be able to send via UiPath.

Posting in case anyone else runs into this problem too.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.